www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:31 am 
Starfish

Well thats whats its all about, i always say, look after it and it will look after you. When do you get the new Boat??? I am told mine will be here on Thursday next week, 9 days to go. I cant wait.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm 
life to the full

November, 20 weeks turn around from ordering to delivery. See my post "one month to go"
Waiting Waiting
Ardy
South Oz
Morgan,where I will be keeping the boat has more sunny days than anywhere in Oz so sun protection is a must

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:46 am 
Starfish

Man, you must be hanging. I have to say waiting for my boat is consuming my mind. i cant wait to post some forums telling everyone how happy i am to get it. Mine is supposed to show up late next week :mrgreen: If it does i will be happy and sad, the inlaws are coming to stay for a week. I want to take it out with just my wife the first time, it can take nine people and my sister in law is already saying 11 will fit, lets go to the islands..... NOT LIKLEY :twisted: Thats a good way to run er in.

2008, H210, Volvo Penta 5.7ltr, 300hp, SX Drive

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 am 
Starfish

Breaking news... Boat is paid for and is going to be getting loaded on teh truck monday, all Mods are done. fingers crossed all goes well and i should see it by wed/thursday...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 am 
Starfish

Change of plan :evil: the truck driver showed up to collect the boat from the dealer, the boat trailer is bigger (wider) than the Truck Trailer....
We have to wait until next week (an aditional 7 days) I think the truckie is going to water the truck and make it grow.... I must say the Dealer has done all he can to appease our disapproval, so we will be giving him the grace for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 pm 
life to the full

Hey Jackal I know your pain my H180 is due sometime in November and seeing that it is now October ,that's next month just weeks to go not months any more woooo hoooo!!!!
Ardy
South OZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 pm 
Starfish

So here we go with our favourite spot and our boat moored there. This is Couran Cove on South Stradbroke Island which is about midway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast on Moreton Bay.
It works for us!

350mpi Mercruiser
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:14 pm 
Starfish

Nice Ride, i cant quite tell, what size is it???, give us some details about your boat.

It looks like a nice place to run out of. How does it go in bad weather? what do you think the biggest tyoe of weather you would like to be in? We intend to be taking ours out to the islands as well,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:58 pm 
Shark

look like a nice place to rest after a long day on the boat. We should start posting pics of the nice places we have been boating in. Since bschmid2 went first ill go second.
heres a pic from last saturday. Went for a nice peaceful cruise down the yarra river.

Peter

2005 four winns sundowner
8.1L VP 375hp
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/4winns/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:41 pm 
email admin your custom rank

You guys are making me jealous! :mrgreen: Just got back last night from 2 weeks vacation in Queensland (boy, I wish I had taken my boat!). Now that is the place to own a boat...!

A perfect day in Melbourne today (Sunday) but have to do the lawns, gardens etc after 2 weeks growth, then fly out to the UK tomorrow night... so no boating for at least a couple more weeks... :( Really hanging out for a day on the bay.

Nice pics of the Yarra Kyp - you can get up a fair way - I have been as far as Toorak. Marybinong is also good but a little dirtier.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:47 pm 
Starfish

Alec, you will have to tell us about your holiday in NQ, when you come back from your uk trip, i have to agree, it is pretty good up here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 pm 

Jackal, spent 5 days in Port Douglas (the usual reef trip etc.) - was windy and a 2m+ swell every day except for the reef trip day which was fairly flat (advantage of being a boater and looking at marine forecasts). Then 5 days with my sister in Townsville - again was too windy to get out on their boat, so did a bit of trail bike riding instead, plus the usual Magnetic Island trip in a 3m swell. (Man, Magnetic Island is really commercial now - a lot different and uglier than when I was last there). Then 4 days in the Gold Coast staying at Biggera Waters right on the beach, looking out to Sea World. Was absolutely perfect boating weather there - warm, nice and flat... Saw a couple of FW bow riders go by... :mrgreen:

Oh well, off to 14C in the UK tonight. Will make Melbourne look positively hot when I get back in a couple of weeks! Have all of Cup Week off so plan to get out on the bay as much as I possibly can. :D

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 pm 
Tadpole

Hi all,
I'm a new member from down under.
2006 Horizon 190 only 30hrs need to get out more !

Rowie

Port Stephens
NSW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:06 am 
Starfish

Hi Rowie, welcome aboard... Boom Boom... :P Let us know what you think of your new ride.

Alec, it sounds like you like that song that says "always take the weather with you..." leading up to your holiday the weather was perfect, i was out at the reef in a 625 CCraft just 2 weeks ago, it blew up over the last couple of weeks and now it has been perfect this week again... enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:14 pm 

Welcome Rowie. Is yours a Volvo or Merc? How can you live in Port Stephens and only have 30 hours up?? :D Have friends who live at Soldiers Point and are into Yacthing - thet get out heaps. I can't believe how Port Stephens has developed over the years :shock:

Hey Jackal - is damned cold here in the UK. Bit of a shock after NQ..!!

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next