www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:31 pm 
Shark

The h210 is failry wide at 8'6".

Most lifts i see are 108" wide which leaves about 3" to spare on each side of the boat.
They make the pontoon lifts at 120". But i am see alot of good deals on older 108s. Anyone have experience shoe horning a 210 into a 108" wide lift? It sounds reasonable to do but after throwing in waves, wakes, wind i am wondering if it will be a PITA.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9 Laramie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 am 
Starfish

My boats 8'4" so I have an extra inch more then you on each side. It's pretty easy to get in and out. Just don't lower the lift down all the way. There is a point where the boat will almost float off and if you stop there or a little higher, you can pull out easy and when you are coming in a little crooked the bunks straiten you rite out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 pm 
Narwhal

willidg wrote:
My boats 8'4" so I have an extra inch more then you on each side. It's pretty easy to get in and out. Just don't lower the lift down all the way. There is a point where the boat will almost float off and if you stop there or a little higher, you can pull out easy and when you are coming in a little crooked the bunks straiten you rite out.

+1. Although I did add some padding at several strategic positions on the lift support frame. There's times where wind and currents work against you and avoiding some boat to support frame contact is unavoidable. On the plus side, FW does a great job of mounting the rub rail on our boats - I've never had so much as a scuff from getting the boat on the lift.

Last point to consider about lift width. Likely you are placing your lift next to a dock, and are planning on boarding from said dock. The wider the lift, the greater the space between your boat and dock, which can hinder boarding for us non-acrobats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 am 
Shark

I dont think i would have a problem threading the needle with normal conditions, but suspect it becomes a problem with wind and wake. I dont want to be cheap about the purchase of the lift but at the same time why pay nearly double for a new 120" lift when there are plenty of barely used 108's around.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9 Laramie