www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 pm 
Minnow

New owner of a 2006 New Horizon 210 Four Winns. It has a volvo penta 5.0 gxi motor with 181 hours of run time. We are having to replace some the boards in the seats with treated plywood and resewing some of the seams in the upholstery. There is also a low pitched alarm that you can barely hear that comes and goes. It sounds like it is coming from under the dash of the console. All gauges look normal and there is no issues with power. I didn't see any lights blinking on the dash either. I read the manual and the oil pressure and temps are within acceptable range. I did need to add some power steering fluid so I'm not sure if this is why it was alarming.

I also had to repair the bimini top frame which was broken in half. It is now good as new. Hopefully we can finish the upholstery work by the weekend and have it in the water again Monday. Hopefully I can discover the reason for the alarm by the end of the day on Monday.

Thank you for adding me to the forum. I will do a lot more reading and learning than I will posting. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you long term four winns owners. Any ideas and tips are welcome as to why I was getting the low pitched alarm. Monday will probably be the last day I can have it in the water until the end of June. My family and I have a blueberry farm and we will stay busy picking and packaging berries everyday until the harvest season is complete. That is why I would like to work all the bugs out of boat by Monday afternoon. Again thank you in advance for your advice.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:13 am 
email admin your custom rank

Might sound silly, but it’s not the depth finder alarm, is it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:53 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is because I have noticed that sound while loading and unloading the boat. However, that will be one of my checks if it happens again.

I've been thinking that it may be due to me getting used to the trim control. There has been a few times where I have trimmed up too high trying to find the perfect setting. I've never had a trim gauge before and I have found myself watching it more than just letting the boat tell me when to stop. That is another thing that I'm going to pay attention to on my next boating excursion. Hopefully by tomorrow we can finish sewing the seats and replacing the boards. Then pray I can install everything back by Sunday with a minimum amount of profanity. My plan is to have it back in the water by Monday.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:14 pm 
Minnow

My wife and I got everything back together. With zero profanity!!! We plan on taking the kids innertubing tomorrow. I'll let you know if anything alarms.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 am 

My 98 beeps when key first turns on....self test I assumed or maybe alarm to anyone near the prop?

Your not doing it right if there's no profanities !

Oh....and post a photo....if there arent photos it didnt happen :)

ImageLake George 18-629 by Jon Miller, on Flickr

Newtown, CT
untitled-545 by millerjont, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:44 am 
Minnow

Boat ran fine but still hearing the low pitch tone. The volume is a lot lower than the depth finder alarm. You have to really listen hard to even notice it. A friend of mine actually noticed it before I did. It sounds similar to how the fuel pump on a truck does when it's getting close to biting the dust.

I took some pics but I got to find time to figure out how to post them. I'm sure there are quite a few post on the forum explaining how to post pics so I will read them instead of making a new post. I used to have a photo bucket account but I'm not sure if I can remember how to get into it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:28 pm 

It probably is the fuel pump! Those are notorious for failing if you use ethanol fuel.

Can you post a video? Maybe upload it to YouTube and share the link?

I don’t think there’s a way to add attachments to posts unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:13 pm 
Minnow

I'll see what I can do the next time I take it out. Thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:53 pm 

Did you power down the head unit/radio? The CD player in those factory units can start making noise even when not being used. Mine did... i'm not even sure it still works as I've not used CD's in a while.