www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 pm 
Tadpole

Good day, IFourWinns Forum!

I am the new owner of a 2005 Horizon 230 with a Bimini Top. The boat is going on a trailer for the first time EVER this weekend. I need insights on how to lower the Bimini top. I can't find images, videos, or instructions anywhere. I really do not want to have the Bimini, even in the boot, exposed to highway speeds. Is removing the Bimini for travel the only solution?

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 am 
email admin your custom rank

There should be clips on the supports to quickly detach. The main support where it pivots in the middle may or may not be a quick detach. Remove all the quick detaches and fold the supports aft. You can remove the fabric usually by unzipping where it surrounds the supports. Then leave the supports resting on the back of the boat(maybe tie a towel around so it doesn't scratch) or leave it up in the back tied together so it looks similar to a sport car spoiler. There are a few different styles of hardware but the ones I have seen don't require tools to lower by design.

There is no problem driving with it in the boot but if you remove the fabric it will take all fear away. Just remember which way it goes for reinstallation. EVERY year we seem to put the fabric on backwards. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am 
Tadpole

Thanks - I have the quick connect where the main frame connects to the boat. The frame itself has what appears to be a similar ball connect but has a screw instead of a pin. I will unscrew these and see if the support lays down better.

Thanks for the reply and pointers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:21 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I wouldn't unscrew the connections on the frame. Just undo the quick connects on the bow side. Then it will all fold back. You will have to tie up the 2 poles you detached. Mine has a plastic click to hold the poles on the main frame post. Then you put the boot on to keep it all together or you detach the aft connections too and fold it all the way down. It all pivots in the middle.
The 230 seems to have a lot of bimini configurations some with tie downs, some with the posts, and some are bigger than others so I can't tell exactly what you have.