www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:59 pm 
Tadpole

New (to us) 2015 H180RS, manual states that the hour meter is on the Tac. It's definitely not there. 4.3TKS motor.
Would this model not have come with an hour meter? Is there a way to confirm total hours (built into engine electronics perhaps?)
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:31 pm 
email admin your custom rank

If there is not an hourmeter in the tach or the instrument panel, or in the engine compartment, it might not have one. With the right scan tool you might be able to read engine hours, fault codes, and other info. Marine engines use a different scan tool than automotive engines, and I admit that I don't know the exact differences. I do know that most of these marine scan tools are expensive. There are a couple "gateway "devices that might be able to provide you with that data and more. Yacht Devices and Fox Marine are two sources. You might be able to add one of their devices to get this information (and more) either through a NMEA 2000 network displayed on a chartplotter or wirelessly on your device. They cost about $175 to 300 or so. Scan tools can be well ovr $500 to a few thousand. I have been tempted, but most of them are for a newer engine than my 2002 Vista. Hope this helps.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:58 pm 
Tadpole

@surface interval - Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Funny enough, I found an hour meter last night by complete fluke. I decided to stick my head underneath the dash to see what was going on under there and just happened to notice an hour meter bolted onto the underbelly of the dash. Not sure if it was an after-market thing or not... regardless, I have one. 170 hours on this bad boy.

I will take a pic and post for reference just in case anybody else runs into this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:31 pm 
email admin your custom rank

You might check to see if the hour meter is activated by the ignition switch or by engine oil pressure. You might be able to trace the wires from the hour meter to see how it is wired. We had added an hour meter connected to the ignition switch circuit in our 190 Horizon many years ago. From personal experience I can say that leaving the ignition switch on resulted in a dead battery and an additional 120 hours on the hour meter ;-(.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon