www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:01 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hi Everyone

I picked up an H200 to go with my 328Vista.... Cause I needed another Four Winns.

I was only able to get this boat out 2 times before we needed to winterize. I noticed with the Factory prop 14.25 x 21 I was only seeing 4200 RPM at WOT.

I have since sent the RPM gauge out to be calibrated not because I though it was faulty but the hour meter was blank. I had the ECM read prior to confirm hours.

Question is what is everyone running for props? We will mainly use this for water sports and some day cruising when not out in the Big boat.

Looking to go to a 4 blade SS prop.

Thoughts?

1997 225 Sundowner

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:12 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The Four Winns Fast Facts shows that boat came with the 14.25 x 21 prop. Max rpm range for that engine is 4600 to 5000. You didn't say what speed you got or how the boat was loaded, but it appears that it is not making full power. Is the outdrive original? If it was replaced, there might be a different gear ratio. Generally, a two inch change in prop pitch from 21 to 19 would increase rpm 300-400 rpm. These boats are normally propped to the high end of the max rpm range. If it is running smoothly, it might be an exhaust restriction. I had a '95 190 Horizon that had a flapper valve(check valve in the exhaust system) that came loose and partially blocked the exhaust. Max rpm was 4000 instead of 4600. I understood that Volvo quit installing them in '99. Wish I had better answers for you. Good luck.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon