www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:46 am 
Guppy

Has anyone had issues with the drain of the ski locker getting clogged? I would imagine it has to be somewhat common, but my issue is how to fix it and then hopefully prevent it from happening again. I tried spraying hoses with good pressure water, drain snakes (the simple plastic ones), some very small gauge wire, and a couple of other things. I can get the snakes and water all the way in the drain, but I can't seem to get rid of the clog. I attempted referencing the manual and some online searches as well as here for some info on unclogging the drain as well as learning about the routing of the drain, with no luck. If there is a thread that I missed, please link it! We do like to keep a lot of stuff in there so we would like to be able to keep that cleaned and drained out. I have resorted to vacuuming out the water for now, but that is getting old fast. My boat is an 04 h210 if that helps, but I would imagine it can't be uncommon on any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Thinking back I recall a member posting about this with a similar boat and the cause IIRC was that the plastic gas tank had shifted slightly and blocked the drain. If you have a hatch over the tank you might remove it and check inside. I think there were tabs that were supposed hold the tank in place, perhaps they loosened with the movement of the boat.
My much older one has an aluminum tank with 4 welded on tabs, these are screwed into mounts for the tank that are attached to the main stringers. I had to rebuild all this when I replaced most of the deck 15 years ago.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II