www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:25 pm 
Tadpole

I have a 94 Horizon SE. The stitching on the stern upolstry panel is coming loose. I can't fiure out how to remove the rear panel from the interior side panels. I've checked the online manuals, but can't seem to locate a schematic or a description on how to separate the rear panel to the side upholstry panels.

I've removed all locatable nuts and screws. I thought maybe it was a lift up and out piece similar to the open bow upholstry, but that method of removing the rear panel is not working. It appears to be attached by screw from the rear pannel to the side panel. If that's the case, do I have to remove the side panels and have the whole enchalada taken apart to fix the loose stitching in the rear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 pm 
Mental Floss

Rich, try giving Four Winns a call. They are always very helpful and can probably tell you exactly the method for removal.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:53 am 
Sting Ray

Good luck with that. The pictures help explain the issue, and as a consolation - that boat looks great to be a '94.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm 
Goldfish

Looks like an easy fix! I find the problem very unusual for 4w's interior. Don't the rest of you? I mean, my 95 is showroom fresh in all the stitching. My bud's got an 87 200 Horizon....and his interior ( stitching) is perfect. It is, as you can imagine, a bit faded though.
I'd take it to a marina that does interior mending. Get a few estimates. Or, go the other route...and find a person who does furniture upholstery repair. They've got the tools to make all those repairs. This isn't brain surgery...and just because it's a boat doesn't mean someone not remotely connected to the boat industry can do a great job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:49 pm 
wkearney99

Trouble is someone that doesn't do boat or automobile upholstery work probably won't have the right materials and threads to do the job properly. If you used plain old furniture thread you'd see it rot out from UV exposure in no time. Granted, you don't have to get raked over the coals by having a 'dealer' fix but you DO want to make sure whomever does the work knows how to do work suitable for outdoor/marine exposure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:55 pm 
Goldfish

jk99...
you're right. and that's my point. you can likely find someone competent outside of the marine industry....but, as you say, make sure it's to "specs".
you don't want sweater yarn holding your boat together.