www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 am 
Guppy

Just wanted to post some info in regards to SHipwreck Marine. Stay away from this company. After what I deemed to be minor service issues I sent them an email asking for a resolution. I was told not to bring my brand new $40,000 boat back there and that they would not be able to meet my service expectations and that it would be in everyones best interest if I took my boat to the next closest Fourwinns dealer in Sylvan Lake. (which is owned by the same company) I bought this boat off of them last August and currently have less than 9 operating hours on it. They are a part of 6 dealers. Used to be 7 but now Atlantis Marine is part of Shipwreck. They have different named branches; Lighthouse in Sylvan Lake, Ogopogo in Kelowna, Renfrew Motorsports in Calgary, a dealer in Langley and a dealer in Salmon Arm.

If anyone else on here has had problems with them let me know. I am going to do what ever I can to stop these guys from carrying on doing business like this and will need as many people with problems dealing with them as I can get.

I will be trying to deal with Fourwinns directly in regards to some concerns I have with defects in the hull from manufacturing. Has anyone had much luck with this?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 am 
email admin your custom rank

WOW I think I'd been very leary to buy a boat from a dealer named "Shipwreck" :shock: in the 1st place! I hope FW steps up for you!!!! Good Luck, keep us up to date on this crappy situation this stealer has put you in.

2011 Polaris 500HO RED]
Life Long Boston Bruin Fan 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 am 
Seahorse

See this topic...

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2502

Basically...my brand new boat was running perfectly...I took it in to be winterized, they told me I needed a new water pump and it would cost $2400 to replace! I wanted a second opinion so I took it to Free Spirit Marine (great guys), they took one look at it and said there is nothing wrong and re-installed it. I've put about 30 hours on it since.

Oh....and to get my boat back from Shipwreck they charged me $300....for unnecessarly removing my water pump. I had to trailer my boat across town with parts and screws going everywhere...it cost $700 just to put everything back together.

I'm now %99 positive that the "mechanic" didn't tape the low water pickup when connecting the muffs.

Shipwreck is unbelievably bad...I'm the most easy goin customer out there (probably too much so) but these guys drive me nuts. I called FourWinns and Mercury and they both agreed that 'something was wrong' and 'man you're really getting screwed' but neither would act on it...disappointing.

The manager at Shipwreck, Mar, seems reasonable enough..but he's very busy. It sounded like he was going to compensate me after I told him my pump works fine...but he never got back to me. He did tell me he fired that mechanic...doesn't help me much now though. I wish I had tape recorder of the service manager basically telling me I'm an idiot for suggesting that perhaps the mechanic didn't hookup the muffs correctly.......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 am 
Guppy

otoolea wrote:
See this topic...

http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2502

The manager at Shipwreck, Mar, seems reasonable enough..but he's very busy. It sounded like he was going to compensate me after I told him my pump works fine...but he never got back to me. He did tell me he fired that mechanic...doesn't help me much now though. I wish I had tape recorder of the service manager basically telling me I'm an idiot for suggesting that perhaps the mechanic didn't hookup the muffs correctly.......

Mar is not reasonable. He is from what I have seen the fundemental problem there. He has been there since day one and was the one who told me that I should travel to Sylvan Lake. Later today I will post all emails between Shipwhreck and myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 pm 
Guppy

I actually spoke with Mar at Shipwreck Marine today. After about 45 minutes of total B.S. he had insulted me calling me ridiculous for the last time. He offered to allow my boat back in to his service department providing I stop being so ridiculous and accept their service for what it was. At that point knowing that I had no other Fourwinns dealer to take my boat to I kindly said I am done with you and hung up the phone. I immediatly called the boat manufacturer and explained my situation. Oddly enough he knew exactly who Mar was and did not seem suprised by my statements. Infact without asking for any proof or saying he would have to talk to Shipwreck, he asked me to take my boat to any service shop and ask them if they would perform warranty work on my boat. He said to give them his direct number and that he would ensure that they were able to do warranty work as if they were my selling dealer. Needless to say I was shocked and relieved. When I mentioned that I had heard good things about Free Spirit Marine he indicated that they had dealt with them before! Well this is not to say that I am done totally with Shipwreck. I will still help and even organize a way to ensure that as many people know about their business ethics as I can. I even told the gentleman at Fourwinns I would have gladly paid more for a different boat if I knew there was a quality of service. I also told him if I knew then what I know now I would not be owning a Fourwinns but something else. Hopefully that will not fall on deaf ears. Perhaps loosing a couple lines would get the owners of Shipwreck to take notice.