www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:27 am 
Narwhal

Well, early for me anyway. Dropped the boat in the water on 5/1, last year it was closer to 5/31, but with +70F weather who could resist? All went well, apart from a few arm scrapes from updating both batteries from wing nuts to nylock nuts, along with install of proper negative terminal covers - the boat started up on the first try, and ran great all weekend.

Didn't go up the following weekend because of Mother's Day activities, and as it turned out the weather dropped below freezing overnight and I heard it snowed to the point where there were white-out conditions on the highways. :shock: So, of course all week I was thinking about the boat up on the lift - not too worried about freeze damage, as the temps got up in the 40's the very next day. But I had just laundered and treated the mooring cover, and I was a little concerned about how well it would shed the extreme temps and weather. Made it up there this past weekend, and all was well - the cover shed the elements, and no freeze damage from the low temps. (For those looking for data points, I believe that temps were below freezing for a total of about 10 -12 hours.)

Took the boat out for a couple extended cruises with my 15 year old son at the helm. All in all a very nice weekend.