www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 H190 Fuel Tank
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 am 
Guppy

I have an 2007 H190 which hasn't been run in over 15 months, but still has about 3/4 full of old fuel. Before, I have any possible fuel issues. I want to drain the old fuel. I thought you could just install a siphon line into the gas tank, but with the anti siphon valve, that won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Post subject: Re: 2007 H190 Fuel Tank
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 am 
email admin your custom rank

This is something you have to be VERY careful with, first of all what are you going to drain that much gas into? My 88 200 has a 44 gallon tank, 3/4 of it is like 33 gallons, that's a heck of a lot of gas! I might want to just pump out a few gallons from the bottom of the tank. Let it sit, if it looks good, put it in your lawnmower, and if that runs, then I'd just use it. If you see a layer of water on the bottom, you can pump out that till you see pure gas, and if it ran in your mower, then its probably OK for the boat and you don't have to get rid of 30+ gallons of gas.
What I would do, is turn off the batteries, then remove the hatch or cover over the fuel gauge sending unit. Remove the 5 screws holding it to the tank (clean around the sending unit first so nothing falls in the tank) and then use a pump SPECIFICALLY for GAS to pump it out. No jury rigged pumps or you could wind up in the hospital or worse....
Replace the gasket for the sending unit, keep in mind that the pattern of screws is such that it will only fit on one way, that's to keep you from installing the sending unit wrong so the float arm would hit the side of the tank. Do not overtighten the screws. Tempo sells a gasket kit, with new screws with sealer on em already...Make sure to remove the electrical connectors on the sender (mark em so you don't mix em up) and re-connect.
Like I said, careful, no sparks, no static electricity, etc...

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II