www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 pm 
Sting Ray

Hi, I have a 2006 244 Funship with a factory installed wakeboard tower. I am currently looking to have an outer cover made to go over my existing factory cover along with covering partially down the sides of the boat. I'm doing this for protection from UV and mother natures elements. I normally store it in my pole barn, but I have to store it outside at my cabin during the summer. Needless to say, it's surrounded with trees over the driveway. The cover I want to have made does not need to be trailerable. I would like it to be somewhat waterproof similar to Sunbrella, but I'm thinking some type of non-abrasive nylon material may be a better choice due to installing/removing. I contacted FourWinns in which they sent me great specs for the boat, but unfortunately they didn't have them for the waketower. I'm assuming that the custom cover will be split to allow the cover to be fitted with the wakeboard tower up in place. Actually, this is how I would like it to be made. As many of you know trees, UV, rain, etc. plays havic on a boat as well as the covers while not being used. With this being said, my boat is next to showroom condition, therefore it's a concern for me.
I have a few questions for those of you that may have a custom cover or are going through the process of having one made;
1) Do you have a custom cover simular to what I'm looking to have made? If so, please feed me any info that may help me as well as type, etc.
2) If you have the factory wakeboard tower, do you have any measurements/specs with it on the boat that would make sense to a cover manufacturer? I realize in all liklihood, any given company can tell me what I need to measure from where to what.
Any help and/or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ray :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm 
Tadpole

Ray & Paula:
I recently joined the forum and by now you have probably received answers to your questions. I am currently in the same process for my '05 Funship 214. I recently put an aftermarket tower on the boat and my original cover is shot. I live in Arizona and I am looking at the cover material and evaluating Sunbrella, WeatherMax and Top Gun and right now leaning towards the industry standard, Sunbrella. While the others have their merits, I think for my purposes, Sunbrella would serve best.
Sorry I can't help with measurements you were looking for as the boat and tower are different.
Good luck to you.
pwboater