www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 pm 
Dolphin

I have just gave a deposit on a awesome 2008 224 funship loaded. Grill, swim platform rack, pump out head, upgraded steering wheel and stereo, camper canvas and full cockpit canvas and a 6 year warranty. We were between the 224 and the 240 horizon. Any info or suggestions?
How come no one posts in here?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:54 pm 
Goldfish

Hello and congratulations on the new purchase. We purchased a 2007 244 last June and despite the high water levels in N. Texas last year, we put more than 50 hours on the motor and substanitally more having fun floating/swiming.

I have really enjoyed my funship and cannot wait until we can get her out on the water. We have her in getting summarized now at Phil Dil Boats here in Lewisville and are putting on the swim pad that I believe yours should already have on it.

When wer purchased it we also added a front bimini and bow fill-ins. We really like the full shade during the hot Texas days.

I have been monitoring this website since buying and have never posted but did also always wonder why the funship page did not get any activity. So I am glad you posted and I promise to do more also.

'08 F250 PSD
'04 Excusion EB PSD, RAS, Bilsteins and Wood Trim
'96 Camry - What I drive!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 pm 
Dolphin

Good to here from you. We were going to look at a 2007 left over 244, but when we looked at the 224 and the options we did not go any further. I am now wishing that I looked at the 244 because of the size. How does your boat handle in rough water? We boat on Sacandaga lake in upstate ny. It gets very choppy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 pm 
Goldfish

Yea, we looked at both the 224 and a crownline the same size as the 224, but opted for the additional room. I am probably not the best person to ask for a comparison because this is my first boat. I am completely satisfied so far but have avoided any real bad days on the water.

We have had 10 people on board for an entire day (5 adults 5 kids) and did not have any issues with room, hole shot or planing. We have the volvo 5.7 Gi dp, what motor do you have?

Did I see in another post that you have a ski pylon? What is that? The ski hook seems to be low and if I have a heavy rope attached it drags in the water making it hard to get a big tube out of the wake.

'08 F250 PSD
'04 Excusion EB PSD, RAS, Bilsteins and Wood Trim
'96 Camry - What I drive!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:35 am 
Minnow

bowlboundgman, we have an '03 214 (since renamed 224). At moderate speed the boat handles moderate chop fine though this is of course subjective. We were caught in a violent thunderstorm on lake Livingston (though we normally keep the boat on lake Lewisville TX), and besides the uh... thunder, felt safe. For it's size this model is a bit heavy which helps in the chop. Heavy or not, the boat has a top speed that can nudge 50 mph but we rarely cruise over 30. Ours has a Mercruiser single prop drive. We have had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat and had no trouble getting on plane. There is little bow rise. As a matter of fact I never trim the drive down at all to get on plane or otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:04 am 
Dolphin

Tadpole, Our boat has what looks like a 3' stainless pole (Ski Pylon) that attaches to the center of the swim platform. The swim platform has a chrome cover and the bracket is under the platform. It hooks up very easy. We have not yest used it. We take delivery next week.

We are still worried about how the 224 will handle the chop. We boat on a very choppy lake about 7 miles wide with 2-3 foot waves in windy conditions. We also only have the standard 5. liter Volvo motor.

We are very excited

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 am 
Minnow

It can get pretty windy here, and when it does we slow down a bit but still maintain plane. It all depends a bit on how fast you want to go though the 2-3 foot chop. I think we have similar conditions on our lake as yours, if it’s windy, the wind has about 3+ miles of lake to whip up and here there are no hills or mountains to shield the lake. When strong in the summer time the prevailing wind always comes from the same direction and from the marina where we keep our boat we seemingly always have to take the chop head on to go anywhere. We use our 214 primarily for family water sports (ski, wakeboard, kneeboard) and usually seek a quiet area to do them. That being said, I have never avoided going out because I thought the ride would be to rough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 am 
Starfish

I read in this post the mention of a ski pylon. I wish I had one because the ski eye seems a bit to low and heavy ropes seem to drag in the water. Does anybody have one and does it work good and does it go into the middle of the swim platform? Does the mount get in the way on the SP? Also, this kinda bugs and I know I have talked about it before, the snap in carpet covers the in floor ski locker. I wish they would a made a separate piece of carpet for the ski locker door.

2008 FS 5.7ltr 300HP DP
2007 Yukon Denali
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ
1995 Polaris 650

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:34 pm 
Dolphin

You will be very happy. I bought a 2008 with all the options that you mentioned and love it. We put about 50 hours on the motor since april. We could not be happier. Do you have any specific questions about the boat. It is a great family boat. The swim platform is awesome and the grill and rail system is a must have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Can any of you guys with the camper canvas post some pictures and/or comments? I'm thinking of getting my f224 outfitted with the camper setup. The dealer wants 850 installed, and it seems a little steep to me, but what do you think?