www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 am 
Tadpole

Checking on the off chance some of you may know where the secret stash of new windshields are on Planet Earth?

I managed to break the side/wing window glass transporting this boat up from Florida to Minnesota.

Called Taylormade and they no longer have any in stock, and are unable/unwilling to recreate the windshield, even with their part number I found on the old frame.

Insurance claims adjuster agrees these are hard to deal with, and ultimately I am working with a company called Ocean Dynamics in Florida. I'll be sending all three pieces to them in the off season and they are willing and able to remanufacture it. Major PITA but at least there's a way to get it done.

All that said, if anyone here knows where to find Taylormade part number 060-1913 for this Funship, it would make my day!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:54 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Search Great Lakes Skipper or maybe google boat salvage yards (quite a few in Florida). Out of curiosity, what is it costing to have it recreated?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:21 pm 
Tadpole

firecadet613 wrote:
Search Great Lakes Skipper or maybe google boat salvage yards (quite a few in Florida). Out of curiosity, what is it costing to have it recreated?

Been to the Great Lakes Skipper, emailed them as they are the number one supplier of new old stock windshields....but alas, no joy.

Don't have a firm quote on the complete recreation yet. I've been told by the insurance agent it can run $3500-$5000. I'm so glad I have a zero deductible!

I tried a boat salvage yard in Missouri, but they said "Y'all can come on down and look". Apparently they don't organize their yard by make and model, much less inventory what they have LOL.

I always thought boat salvage yards would be as prevalent as auto salvage but no dice. I was told by my local 4W dealer that if the boat is over 7 years old parts become very scarce very fast.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:46 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Try this place in Georgia. Huge boat salvage yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cg-3wanRNQ

Choice of tow vehicle:
'93 Explorer 4x4 (sold)
'05 Grand Cherokee 4x4 w/ 5.7 Hemi (member of the 240k+ mile club!)