www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:37 am 
Sting Ray

Hi, I performed my normal winterizing last fall and I'm now getting my 2006 Four Winns Funship deck boat with 5.7GXI-GF gas engine ready for the season. I noticed a two wire alternator connector disconnected near the lower back side of it. I'd like to add, this connector only has one wire (purple) with the other one being cut off. I purchased this boat brand new and have always performed my own service work therefore, I know the wire was cut at the factory for some reason or another. Also, I've never had any alternator problems. I'd like to add, the boat has the oem two battery setup.
My problem now is, I don't know if I somehow unintentionally unplugged it while winterizing last fall. I just plugged it in to see if it would disconnect easily in which it didn't. I had to use a small screwdriver to un-latch it for removal. With that being said, it seems unlikely that it was connected.
If you own a 2006 or later with this engine, would you please confirm connection/disconnection and/or some pic's? I would sincerely appreciate your time in helping me out. Thank You, Ray

Youtube link below shows a few pic's;
https://youtu.be/ljieq_5H2p0