www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:20 am 
Sting Ray

Hi, Does anyone know where I could find OEM replacement engine hatch underside insulation foam? Currently, it's falling down throughtout the center. In addition, the foam is starting to deteriorate causing small crumbs of foam to fall off everytime I open the hatch. I would sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:57 am 
email admin your custom rank

You could by foam here:
https://www.mcmaster.com/sound-absorbing-foam

You'll have to cut to size and glue it on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:14 am 
Sting Ray

Thank you for the link..... That should do the trick if I can't find the oem cut pieces. Do you have any great suggestions for adhesion? I have used 3M 77 adhesive for little projects but, I don't believe that it would hold up to this type of install. I looked at 3M's 90 adhesive but, it doesn't mention foam products. Thanks again, appreciate it. Ray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:38 pm 

I didn't buy the eggcrate foam, I bought smooth foam and it had adhesive already (peel and stick). So far, so good except for a couple of the tight bends. I would think that pretty much any contact cement should work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:04 am 
Sting Ray

EvilZ wrote:
I didn't buy the eggcrate foam, I bought smooth foam and it had adhesive already (peel and stick). So far, so good except for a couple of the tight bends. I would think that pretty much any contact cement should work.

Thanks.... Hopefully, Fourwinns can come up with something. I havn't heard back from my dealer Skipper Bud's yet. I can't find a direct phone number for contacting FourWinns. McMaster may have to be the alternative. With different types of foam and fire ratings it's tough to make a proper decision. In regards to contact cement, I feel that it should work as well as long as it holds up to engine heat. Removing /cleaning up the old adhesive off the underside of the hatch will be quite a job. Not a job I'm looking forward to... LOL. Thanks again, appreciate the help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:54 am 

Well, the Four Winns part number for the '02 Funship foam is 119-20084 FOAM, ENGINE HOOD 214FS "02".
Not sure how they sell it, if it is precut, etc, but maybe that will give you a head start with them if you ever hear back from the dealer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:27 pm 
Sting Ray

test reply

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:40 pm 
Sting Ray

EvilZ wrote:
Well, the Four Winns part number for the '02 Funship foam is 119-20084 FOAM, ENGINE HOOD 214FS "02".
Not sure how they sell it, if it is precut, etc, but maybe that will give you a head start with them if you ever hear back from the dealer.

Been trying to send you the following message on the forum for a couple days but, I keep getting an Error. I contacted Administrator Scott in which he helped me out. Thanks Scott!

Hi, I'm sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I had a personal issue in the family that I've been dealing with. Thank You for chiming in giving me the part numbers. The dealer, Skipper Buds did get back with me and stated that they could get it from the factory. It's supposed be the same type of egg crate foam in which they are still using. The cost is $8.50 sq. ft. which comes in 3' x any length. I need approx. 35 sq. ft. which places it at about $300.00.
As for adhesive, 3M has a good one called Super Trim Adhesive 08090 which has very good heat resistance. I found it online anywhere from $28.00 to $42.00 for a 19oz. can. 3M states that the application calls for three coats per surface. With that being said, I would need around 14 cans coming in at approx. $400.00... WoW!! I'm currently looking for an alternative but of course, I would want it to be a proven good one as well for this application. Skipper Buds told me that FourWinns uses 55 gallon drums and couldn't get a number and/or mfg. I asked 3M if they had anything comparable in a brushable application. They stated that they didn't have anything. Brushable would be nice for at least the underside of the hatch compared to spraying which will be a huge P.I.A. Thanks again, appreciate your help..... sorry it took so long. Thanks