www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 Funship 204
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 am 
ShanMan

We spent about six hours yesterday afternoon going over the boat at the dealer, doing paperwork and then taking the boat to a private lake for a "sea trial". Everything was going great until...

The trim wouldn't work! The boat had .5 hours on the meter and the trim was dead. Here we were, me my wife and the salesman at the lake with a brand new boat and this happens! We checked the fuse: blown. We replaced it, and it still didn't work! After about 30 minutes the marine store's tech came out and found the problem immediately.

Apparently the wires to the trim button were wrapped around the throttle the wrong way and up the wrong side, so when we pushed the throttle forward to start the engine (carbs) it severed the wire and blew the fuse. That set us back about an hour in total.

After that it was "smooth sailing". The salesman was excellent and took care of all of our needs. He showed us every aspect of the boat until WE said we had to get home (an hour drive) to relieve the babysitter.

We have some issues, primarily color shifting on the gelcoat supposedly caused by the shrink wrap fro the factory. Moisture worked in there and discolored the gel coat. My dealer said it's normal for darker colors and will return to normal condition. I phoned FW myself and was told the same thing. Regardless, whatever it takes it will be fixed if needed. They say a few days in the sun/heat will remove that moisture.

Our 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 with 5.3 V8 and 3.73 gearing did great. At times I didn't know the boat was there!

We're really excited about the boat. If anyone's interested I'll post some photos. It looks like every other FW Funship, except this one's mine!! :)

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:40 am 
268 Vista

Congrats, I 'm glad things worked out on the sea trial. Sure, please post some pics of your new baby!!

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:32 am 
ShanMan

Click1
Click2
Click3

The photos are too large to display here so I added them as a link. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:13 am 
Mental Floss

Congrats!. I can see a lot of fun in your future!

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:52 pm 
Tadpole

Congrats. I have the same boat, same color, 2004 Funship. Great boat, just went on the Mississippi River for the weekend. Had a great time. I had the screws come loose on the front cushions that open but other than that, everything is great with the boat. Watch the trailer, though. My trailer bearing went on one the the axles and wrecked the spindle and I needed a whole new axle. Not covered!!!! I kept an eye on the bearing too but it still happened on a trip. Love the boat, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:40 am 
ShanMan

KevinAllen wrote:
Congrats. I have the same boat, same color, 2004 Funship. Great boat, just went on the Mississippi River for the weekend. Had a great time. I had the screws come loose on the front cushions that open but other than that, everything is great with the boat. Watch the trailer, though. My trailer bearing went on one the the axles and wrecked the spindle and I needed a whole new axle. Not covered!!!! I kept an eye on the bearing too but it still happened on a trip. Love the boat, though.

When you say to watch it, do you mean monitor the temp with one of those infrared temp gauges? Otherwise, what do I look for?

Why wasn't it covered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:39 pm 
Tadpole

I just mean keep an eye on the hubs and make sure you have enough grease in them and they are not leaking and look good. I did that but it must've happened on the way to the lake. It was a 3 hour ride to where we camp. It wasn't covered because the warranty had run out. Just a heads up. Kevin