www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:43 pm 
Dolphin

I do not trailer my boat often. It is on a marina for most of the summer. I just had it out and I always seem to have issues keeping the bunks off the chines. It always seem to be crooked. If I power the boat on the trailer, it seems to sit better. Is that safe to power the boat on the trailer?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 am 
268 Vista

It is safe to power load your boat, but some states prohibit power loading at the ramps. Check your area to see if it is okay to do it. As far as centering your boat on the trailer, the Funships' are more of a challenge than most bow riders or V-hull boats, just because of the natures of the hull itself. Maybe get the trailer in a bit deeper than usual, use lines tied to the stern and bow to position the boat where it should be, keep the lines tight (with help) as you slowly pull the boat out of the water.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 am 
Sting Ray

Usally if the boat is not centered on the trailer is because you are too deep. Every ramp is diffrent. My local lake I keep the side bunks 1" out of the water and power the last 3' on then wench up tight. Less steep ramps I do have to go deeper to get the boat on, this is when it can get off center. This is when I wench up tight and re dip the trailer so the boat centers its self. Try to pull out square to the waterline otherwise the boat wont center itself.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:29 am 
Dolphin

Like the previous post says - you've probably got the trailer too deep. I've got a 234 Funship and if I get the trailer too deep it allows the back of the boat to float out of position. In general, if I back in so that the trailer fenders are just skimming the top of the water that works pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 am 
Guppy

One more thing to add, one ramp I use was driving me nuts until I figured out to get the people out of bow. It was that easy, have everyone sit in the back of the boat. Other ramps I haven't had any problems. Maybe this ramp is steeper! As stated above, front of the side bump rails an inch or so out of the water.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:03 am 
Goldfish

+1 on too deep. When mine was not loaded properly it was because I was too deep. I pull out of the water and check before pulling off the ramp. Had to wait in line twice to put back in to get it correct, never again.

'08 F250 PSD
'04 Excusion EB PSD, RAS, Bilsteins and Wood Trim
'96 Camry - What I drive!