www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 am 
email admin your custom rank

Has anyone tried removing the seat backrests on the funship? I plan to do so to have them re-upholstered and figure I might be able to save some $$ by doing some of the work myself. This is a follow-on from having my bow seat pads re-upholstered recently.

My dealer says that there should be some nuts to remove if I feel around by putting my arm up behind the fiberglass from the drink holder/speaker area. From my poking around so far, what I think I feel are screws protruding through and not bolts/nuts.

Any insight appreciated!

Thanks.

Erik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm 

Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:18 pm 
Minnow

Evil

WOW! I think you stumped everyone. When we work on airplanes we use inspection mirrors to see back in nooks and crannies. Check Lowes and Home Depot and see if they have any. At least you can see whats going on back there. Good luck post some pictures when ou are done.

Marty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 pm 
Goldfish

Did you get this figured out? I just went out to my boat thinking I was going to simply unscrew the old Sony 6.5's and pop in my new JBL 6.5's. Son of a gun looks like I have to take out the whole speaker/cupholder fiberglass piece because the screws are nutted and I can only get to two of the four nuts with the panel in place. To get THAT panel out, I have to remove the seatbacks.

From looking underneath, it appears the seatbacks just hang on the little J type hooks that are screwed to the fiberglass behind. BUT, I can't get the dadgum things to budge. I've wiggled, pryed, etc -- but no luck. What am I missing??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm 

No, sorry - I haven't gotten around to the re-upholstery project so far. Partially because I couldn't get those damn seatbacks off...

If you figure it out, please le me know how!

Good luck.

Erik.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 pm 
Minnow

On mine they were studs that are attached to the back rest and a nut a washer on the other side of the fiber glass. It was not so easy to find them all. and then to be able to reach them is another story. But all in all it isn't bad. A few of them you have to remove the cup holders and then you can get to them through that hole. some others are accessible through the engine compartment. On mine, there is a seat back on the engine cover. That is the easiest one to see how they are held on.