www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:56 pm 
Clownfish

So I decided to start a thread about your frustrations with Four Winns, like did something (like construction and/or placement of things, ect)

1) No hinge on door in the floor (the name escapes me) Every time i get something out of there it somehow ends up on my foot, lol.

2) Bad placement of lifts on engine hatch, it hurts when it falls on you.

3) Stereo location, when you want to change the volume, or station, ect. It ends either in the steering wheel or you have to do a reach around.

4) Odd bathroom door. I don't know if this is only me, but my bathroom door sticks out about half an inch on the bottom an in about quarter of an inch at the top.

5) The back bench. I'm curious why FW didn't mold it in like all the other manufactures, Its like a sore thumb in such a quality boat.

Other than that I am EXTREMELY happy with my FW. If I did it all over again FW would my prime choice.

I encourage all you guys too chime in too, I'm curious with what you guys have to say.

Bimini Top Extension
Full Camper
Full Mooring Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:02 pm 
Clownfish

Not even one person has any annoyances with their FW?

Bimini Top Extension
Full Camper
Full Mooring Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:17 am 
Mental Floss

The 120V outlet at the galley of my 288 is on the side of the cabinet and always seems about 6" too far away...maybe my coffee pot and toaster just have too short a cord?

There is no way of tightening the screws on the cabin door without drilling holes in the fiberglass over the area where the door slides.

The black rubber filling the frame of the windshield always shrinks in the heat and seems to be perpetually 6" short leaving a gap.

And the biggest complaint...my gas tanks always seems to go to "E" when I use the boat... :? :x

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:42 am 
Clownfish

You know, that always happens to me, the cofee maker and/or toaster ends up just a little too short.

lol. Yea that is a big complaint of mine. Wallet E, tank F, or Wallet F and tank E. never works out to be FF and occasionally can be EE.

Bimini Top Extension
Full Camper
Full Mooring Cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:09 am 
email admin your custom rank

Problems/ shortcomings as the boat came from the factory, mostly resolved by myself:

Both anchor locker drains about 6" above the bottom of the anchor locker (so anchor line is always wet and slimy)

No seal on back edge of engine cover so the bilge was always wet with rain water. (a seal plus a stainless steel rain gutter now fitted leading to an extra overboard drain on the starboard side)

No drain and no seal in the 2 lockers on the engine cover, so they filled with rainwater and eventually overfowed into the bilge as they were not sealed properly to the underside of the engine cover. These lockers also dumped their remaining water into the bilge when the engine cover was opened, drenching the wiring. ( 2 drains now fitted to each locker, that lead to the rain gutter)

Limber holes in the stringers set too high, so water in the bilge outboard of the stringers cannot drain into the main bilge.

Swim platform mounted to hull with 2" x 1/2" mild steel bolts, not stainless ones (now changed to stainless).

Gas ram in cuddy holding seat up ( over port potti) fitted with inadequate, small screws which rapidly pulled out. ( decent sized mounting screws now fitted)

Removeable seat squab retaining bracket inadequately secured by small diameter screws; changed to more robust screws.

A lot of wasted space in the cockpit, that could have had lockers fitted.

Mooring cover lets in water where velcro is used to "seal" around the bimini frame, allowing water to stain the vinyl and fill up some cupholders

Bimini frame tubes and sockets poorly assembled with too much clearance ( rivets loose in the sockets, tight in the tubes)

Still a nice boat though!

Graham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:25 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Funship 214:
Who thought it was OK to have seats that aren't attached with hinges, snaps, or some other method? I lost my starboard rear seat cushion on the freeway....
Floor drain inside cabin too high to be effective: end up with standing water after a wash down or normal use.