Post subject: Warning Alarm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm 
Dolphin

Anyone know where the audible warning alarm is fitted on a 1997 sundowner 205

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Warning Alarm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:05 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Under the dash surround , cable tied to the wiring loom.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:44 pm 
Dolphin

What does it look like 'm

Thanks for the quick reply

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:49 pm 

it's a cylinrdical device, , around 1-1/2" diameter, 2 wires. Some years ago now since I sold my 1999 boat ( in 2005 !) but I think it was grey !

You should pop in and say hello sometime, I've seen your boat a few time off Newry beach, our red and white 245 Sundowner is in Holyhead marina !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:35 am 
Dolphin

Hi Graham
we have moored up and stayed overnight a few time last month,we were next to your boat,your boat looks awsome.There were three fourwinns boats and another all at the same time.
How much does it cost to keep your boat in the marina,do you take it out in winter.
Cheers

Col

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm 

Taza wrote:
Hi Graham
we have moored up and stayed overnight a few time last month,we were next to your boat,your boat looks awsome.There were three fourwinns boats and another all at the same time.
How much does it cost to keep your boat in the marina,do you take it out in winter.
Cheers

Col

Thanks re the comment about the boat; it's lasting well, but that red gel coat angled towards the sky fades like mad and needs a severe cutting back and polish every year. The red on the sides hardly needs polishing at all. None of the UV resistant waxes I've tried over the years have helped much with the fading at all.

I just wish we could have used it (a lot) more this season , but our circumstances did not allow it.
Before this year, it's been in the water 6 months at a time; ths year less. It's taken back home to Cheshire each Winter, when I do the maintenance.

They charge per metre, minimum of 7 metres. The rates are on their web site, the monthly rate per metre varied usually depending on how many months the contract is for.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:45 pm 
Dolphin

It's a nice boat we have got the bug big style now,we have been looking at bigger boats vista 248,you live in Cheshire we live in Warrington :)

We go the caravan every weekend and on the boat every chance we can weather permitting.

Hope we catch up.

Col

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:46 pm 

Not so far from you; Kelsall, some 8 miles East of Chester !

It's a much smaller world than you think, from 2000 until 2006 we had a static caravan in Sandy Beach ! We then bought a house in Trearddur Bay, thinking we would move there, but it didn't happen Down to the caravan every weekend when my daughter was 10, then less so as it became less cool for her. Now she's 22, the sitution is becoming reversed , it's "can we go to Anglesey this weekend ( and eat in the Seacroft, White eagle etc!)". Neil Powell in the "bubble" with the Orange Humber RIB probably remembers us. I

Is that new restraurant open yet ? We never launched either boat ( current or the 1999 225) from the beach as I don't have a 4x4.. I know the rocky hazards to the North of the beach very well, I must have been mm away from disaster more than once !

The switch to he 245 from the 225 brought a surprisingly big difference in seaworthiness, I was very positively surprised. Even my wife is, with some particularly nasty overfalls near North Stack, she wanted to go round again !

A Vista, welll, yuo need to be sure you want to stay on it, heavier, slower and more affected by wind when you are trying to moor it !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 am 
Dolphin

wow house in Trearddur Bay,I cry my eyes out when I have to leave on a Sunday night,recently we have been leaving Monday morning so we could get an extra night,the club house is nowhere finished :(
Take your point about the vista,funny that as yesterday we were looking at Sundowner 245 like yours.Just dreaming at the moment.There a lovely boat.

Let us know when your next down will pop over for a chat.

Col