www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 am 
Tadpole

Hellow everyone. I am new on the forum and I am a proud owner of FW Sundowner 215 (yb: 2007). This year we lost the left VENT COVER (LVER PT 205/225/245 5600322376, part number: 032-2376) which we can not find/get anywhere because the company (Four Winns) itself stopped producing it. Does somebody know someone who is willing to sell it or maybe have some info where I could buy one?

Thank you in advance!

Part:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:03 am 
Livin' the Dream

This stinks!

I struggled on the simplest item on the parts finder. Did you give the part number directly to a four Winns dealer (phone or email). The web site says 6-1-2002 to present.... lastly, the color indicator is marked with a black square to expand, I couldn't get it to expand though.... red indicates not available....

Good luck!

Past
2002 268 Vista 5.7 GXI "Livin' the Dream"
1996 Rinker 192 Captiva. "The Simple Life"
1999 Yamaha XLL 1200 Waverunner.
1976 Mercury Marquis tri hull 120 hp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:19 am 
Tadpole

chris268 wrote:
This stinks!

I struggled on the simplest item on the parts finder. Did you give the part number directly to a four Winns dealer (phone or email). The web site says 6-1-2002 to present.... lastly, the color indicator is marked with a black square to expand, I couldn't get it to expand though.... red indicates not available....

Good luck!

It really annoys me. I also used the part finder and got the same result. Then I contacted Four Winns and got an answer that they do not sell these parts any more because of financial reasons...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:26 am 
Livin' the Dream

MatS wrote:
chris268 wrote:
This stinks!

Good luck!

It really annoys me. I also used the part finder and got the same result. Then I contacted Four Winns and got an answer that they do not sell these parts any more because of financial reasons...

That sucks, i don't think you will find one unless you find a boat being parted out.... might have to find a fiberglass shop to custom make something...
Maybe try these salvage yards

http://www.usedboatequipment.com/boat-salvage-yards/

Past
2002 268 Vista 5.7 GXI "Livin' the Dream"
1996 Rinker 192 Captiva. "The Simple Life"
1999 Yamaha XLL 1200 Waverunner.
1976 Mercury Marquis tri hull 120 hp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 am 
email admin your custom rank

I had to take those covers off my 2004 Sundowner, to put seals outboard of the mounting holes to stop water ingress into the bilge. The mounting studs literally just fell off in my hands They were fixed on with a very small amount of epoxy, with no surface abrasion to improve adhesion..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 am 

Did you contact Four Winns directly or a dealer? I recommend that you work through a dealer parts department . I needed some Gold Four Winns lettering on my old boat and it was NLA (no longer available) but my dealer located it at another dealer and had it shipped to me.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:43 am 
Tadpole

MatS wrote:
chris268 wrote:
This stinks!

Good luck!

Thank you for info! I'll contact them and hopefully someone will have it! :)

97_245_sd wrote:
Did you contact Four Winns directly or a dealer? I recommend that you work through a dealer parts department . I needed some Gold Four Winns lettering on my old boat and it was NLA (no longer available) but my dealer located it at another dealer and had it shipped to me.

I contacted Four Winns and they told me they don't supply these parts anymore and when I contacted the company which made these parts they answered me that they won't make anymore parts unless FW gives an order of 10 or more....

97_245_sd i am from Slovenia and at our dealer they said the same thing that they can't get it anymore. Is there a chance you could contact this dealer of yours and ask if he can get it somehow? Or you give me his contact (e-mail)?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:03 pm 

I hate it when they use those oddball non stock items, I don't even like curved windshields because not only to they cost a fortune to replace, but once the boat is more than 10 years old you can't get them anymore. Might try ebay or taking the one on the other side and see if a 'glass shop could make up a reverse image one for the side that is missing. I bet a good glass guy could figure out how to do that.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:24 pm 

LouC wrote:
I hate it when they use those oddball non stock items, I don't even like curved windshields because not only to they cost a fortune to replace, but once the boat is more than 10 years old you can't get them anymore. Might try ebay or taking the one on the other side and see if a 'glass shop could make up a reverse image one for the side that is missing. I bet a good glass guy could figure out how to do that.

The very simple, probably epoxy, tooling to make that (gel coat/hand lay up GRP ) part must still exist. Who owns it I wonder ? In automotive, the tooling usually belongs to the OEM ( so they can move it to a different supplier if needs be). For such low volume parts, like the FW one, it might well be owned by the moulder. If desperate, approach them and offer to pay a premium for a one off moulding or for a few that you can sell in the future, as for sure more owners will lose them..