www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am 
Starfish

Purchased a new washdown pump for my 1999 Sundowner 245. I opened up the rear engine area only to discover that the previous owner had completely removed the old pump. All the water connection lines and water tank including the transom washdown attachment are still all in place. I am trying to figure out exactly where the pump is supposed to be and how the electrical connections are made. This is the straight across back seating model not the U-shape and it does have the cuddy sink. Would anyone have any picutres of how their pump is located and tied un electrically? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:30 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I used to have a '97 245 with the u-wrap seating. I seem to remember that the pump was located on the port side, on the vertical wall beside the engine, fairly low in the engine compartment. The tubing from the tank ran down to the pump. I looked and don't have any good pictures.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:25 pm 
Starfish

That now makes sense. I have a set of wires on the port side that do not connect to anything right now.That must be the power source for the pump!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:32 pm 
Starfish

Finally got to peer into the engine bay and sure enough there is a loose pair of wires (Blk and Orange) hanging on the port side. I can also see where there are four small screw holes where the pump had been mounted. All the water tubing is still in place. I have a new pump that I temporarily hooked up to the wiring, turned on my accessory switch and sure enough it works. Will complete the hooks up when I get some time to pull the doghouse cover up and gain easier access to the side wall to mount the pump and make the water connections. Not sure how often I will use this but it bugged me that the boat was set up for it and was missing the pump. The old one must have gone bad and the PO just pulled it out w/o replacing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm 
Starfish

Installed a new filter and new Flair-it fittings to the water lines. Everything now works. Was not a particularly difficult job except working in that tight engine compartment is never any fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Glad I could help. I had to replace the pump when I owned that boat, definitely not much room to access it.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400