www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:46 pm 
Hi all I'm just about to commit to my first boat.
205 sundowner circa 1989
Very down at heels No engine
Now just to set the scene I have very limited resources and cheap boats in general are very hard to find here and X5 times the price of the US,I'm sure you guys would consider this boat a junker.
The plan is as follows,strip n assess outdrive (cobra dog clutch) if good marinise a circa 120hp car diesel
If not get busy with the grinder and convert to outboard power circa 120/150 outboard
Bear in mind fuel is about 1.40 euro a litre here so there's no way in hell I'm sourcing a 5.7 to go back in there almost certainly have to come from the states anyway.
Replace some of the floor repair some upholstery panels replace carpet with synthetic teak.
I'll be happy with easy get on the plane 20 knots and non catastrophic fuel economy.
On the plus side all the rest of the boat is there and intact if scruffy ,hull etc all sound/good trailer is sound and useable.
Thoughts and pointers welcome please.

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 pm 
Congrats on the boat. I did like you are with my boat. Mine was wasted when i got it. Gutted and restored it. I just like its looks is all I can say.