www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tops for a '98 245
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 pm 
Tadpole

Hi,
I'm new to the board as I recently picked up a 98 245. Unfortunately, it did not come with any tops or covers. Does anyone have any suggestion for a good place to get a bimini top (possibly with provisions for camper canvas) and a cockpit cover?

I'll try and post some pics when it warms up and the boat gets uncovered.

Thanks!
Dave

Post subject: Re: Tops for a '98 245
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Welcome Dave!

The 245 is a great boat.

If you search on "canvas", in the forum here, you will find various postings talking about who/where to contact.

Your 245 would have orignally had a cockpit cover (covers the whole cockpit when the boat is not in use) and the camper canvas, which is the enclosure for the cockpit. This can be used in a variety of configurations.

Do you have the bows (the metal supports) for the camper canvas?

Cockpit cover:

Camper canvas in stored position with bows:

Camper canvas with tops and front windows only, sides not installed:

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:41 am 
Tadpole

Gordon,

Thanks for the welcome!!

We are looking forward to getting our 245 on the water this year but I will be spending some time this spring going through to make sure everything is in order.

Unfortunately, our 245 did not come with anything - no canvas or bows. We picked the boat up for very short money at the Mass Maritime auction this past November. I know that the boat runs well, has 230 hours on it, and that the outdrive is good but that is about it.

If you know anyone who has any covers from a 245 that they are looking to get rid of, let me know.

Thanks!
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 pm 
Seahorse

Gustaf, Congrats on the new to you Sundowner.
I have had my 1998 245 Sundowner for 3 years now and it has served me well and been trouble free. They are solid boats, and she continues to amaze me in what she can handle on the lake I boat on, where people are afraid to go out in anything under 30' on a busy weekend.
Anyway I do not know of any used canvas packages but Four Winns still supports this model which was another big factor in my purchase decision.
You can find a parts catalog here http://www.fourwinns.net/partbook/index.php if you are interested in buying new. And if you don't have a local source for Four Winns parts since the factory does not sell direct, there is a dealer who has posted on this site here http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2612&start=30 who has offered iFourWinns users a discount on parts and direct shipping. I have not used them yet, but others have and have given good comments. I do have a list working and will be contacting them soon since my "local" hour away dealer went out of business.

Also if you need any owner’s manuals, sales brochures, or spec info they are available for download here http://www.fourwinns.com/service/past_product

Hope this helps.