www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:13 pm 
Tadpole

Im going to look at a 1989 205 sundowner with a 5,8 L Cobra this weekend, anybody's got any perticular things a should be looking at before i buy it. It's only got 260 hours on the meter and seems to be in great shape. shure would be nice to hear what other people's experiances with this model.

I was also wondering about what prop you would recomend for this boat, i will use it mostly for cruisin and pulling rings and waterskiers.

Thanks

Viktor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:45 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I'd look for a different boat...the OMC drive system is not bad but they have not been made for years and it's not that easy to find mechanics that know how to work on them....I have one and it's been good but there are times when I really wish I had a Merc or Volvo..however if you are set on this boat...call around and see how many shops can actually work on it...
as for the boat itself...check it carefully for rot in the deck...engine mounts...transom...any structural wood. If you feel any springyness in the deck or softness in the deck forget about it...replacing decks is a huge job...I did it on my 88 Horizon and never again...came out good but I just fixed another rotted area in the bulkhead in front of the gas tank....next boat will be full composite construction and OUTBOARD powered....

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II