www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:33 am 
Sting Ray

Well, I finally got some decent time-off to get into the boat. One of things I wanted to do was to add a sink to help my wife get ready in the morning, without having to walk to the marina's bathrooms. This will help her wash her face and get herself dolled up before walking by anyone else. I know it bothered her, so a sink was ordered.
Before Image
After Image
Cutting a hole in the side of the boat is always a nerve-wracking thing, but it came out pretty well once I found the matching drain and marked a position where it followed the lines of the hull, not in perfect horizontal alignment.
Drilled another hole for the fill Image
Choosing the spot for the water tank wasn't easy either. I thought of using a flexible tank under one of the cabin seats, but I thought the price was a bit too much. I almost ended up putting the tank under the step into the cabin, but running the pump was just too tight. I finally settled on squeezing it next to the battery on the port side aft behind the door under the seat.

For a refrigerator, I bought the Waeco-Dometic CF-18. It is a real fridge, not a thermoelectric. I can freeze or keep whatever as cold as I need it. I didn't need to give my wife and I food poisoning, so this will keep us safer, in the respect of refrigeration at least. Fits pretty well in front of her seat, and the built-in cooler is the perfect spot to put her foot against. I'll drop in a 12v outlet right next to the cooler to plug it in to.

I chose my spot for shore power inlet to look factory. Not bad. I do still have to hook up the breakers and run the lines to the outlet boxes, but it is getting there.

And finally, I was playing around with the canvases. I was wondering all winter whether they made the two biminis to come together as one when not in use..Yay! They were thinking!

I did hook up the water supply line and turn the key. Took about one second of cranking and it fired to life. Idle was smooth and the engine was amazing quiet from inside the boat. It just whispered. No unsightly sounds. I can't wait to get her in the water next month.

That's it for now. I have another 6 days off, starting this thursday, so I will hopefully get everything else done. Thanks for checking out my progress.

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 am 
email admin your custom rank

Looks good!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 am 

Excellent job!

Your sink and drain look just like mine that came from the factory. Your water tank is very close to the factory spot as well, they just put it further rearward under the swim platform.

If you ever have any questions about things shoot me a note. Our boats are almost identical.

I might want to get you to take bimini frame (pole) dimensions. Mine was wrecked and I've had a hell of a time getting the bimini tight. New frame is around $600 so If I got some dimensions I could bend up tubing myself.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 am 
Shark

:shock:
everything looks factory built!!!
:wink:

previous boats:
1998 FW 258 Vista
2003 Saver 690 Cabin Sport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm 
Sting Ray

97_245_sd wrote:
Excellent job!

Your sink and drain look just like mine that came from the factory. Your water tank is very close to the factory spot as well, they just put it further rearward under the swim platform.

If you ever have any questions about things shoot me a note. Our boats are almost identical.

I might want to get you to take bimini frame (pole) dimensions. Mine was wrecked and I've had a hell of a time getting the bimini tight. New frame is around $600 so If I got some dimensions I could bend up tubing myself.

I was going to try to put it further back in the unused space, but I couldn't find a handy 3 yr. old that was good with a screwdriver and wrench. I just couldn't fit back there...lol. As far as having questions, I thank you. For the bimini, I will try to help you out, but those dimensions would be quite difficult to get perfect. Half are bowed. But, like I said, I would be glad to get as many dimensions as I can for you.
-Gary

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 pm 

Looking good!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm 
Nauti Luv

Great work!

Previous Boats:
1999 298 Vista "Seas The Day"
2008 H200SS "Nauti Luv"
2006 Tahoe Q4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 pm 
Sting Ray

97_245_sd wrote:
Excellent job!

FYI...I had a dealer in Canada order me the frame for my 235, had it shipped here with taxes,duty and shipping for about $500 cdn. I thought of making my own too, but for the money it was worth it to buy from Four Winns.