www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:20 am 
Tadpole

The cuddy cabin speakers in my 1990 205 Sundowner need to be replaced. They are attached to the bow bulkhead and the problem is removing this bulkhead. The screws securing the bulkhead were easily removed but the seat backs block removal of the bulkhead. I could not see any way to remove the seat backs and there are no obvious screws or other fasteners. Can anyone tell me how to access the speakers without tearing up the bulkhead or the seat backs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I might be misunderstanding you, but most speakers come out from the front. In other word, take the grills off and unscrew the screws. Or you are going in from the anchor locker, but I don't see them making it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm 
Tadpole

There are no grill covers. The speakers are mounted to the back of the the bulkhead and covered with the fabric that is attached to the entire bulkhead. Really bad engineering. If all else fails, I can cut out the fabric covering the speakers, use my sawsall to cut the backs of speakers off, reach through holes and remove the mounting screws. I can then put in front mounted speakers. Perhaps I don't really need cuddy cabin speakers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 am 

There has to be a easyer way!! I would call the maker. I just think you are missing something, a panel or cover needs to be removed first. But then again, I am not there.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:32 pm 
Tadpole

Called Four Winns Customer Service and was told there are brackets & screws on the seat backs which, when removed, would allow the bulk head to be removed. Bought a headlamp so I could work in the dim cuddy cabin light, examined every inch of the seat backs and found no brackets and no screws.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:09 am 

Call them back!