www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boat Stalling Out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm 
Tadpole

I have a 2000 205 Sundowner and put in the water on May 30th and the boat ran great. I leave the boat in the water in a Marina. I went back out two weeks later and fired the boat up and it started first turn (didn't take it out though, just started it). Today, June 28th I went out and started it again and it started right up, but would stall out after 30-45 seconds of running. I then had to choke it to start it again and it started and would idle for 30-45 seconds and stall again. I started it again and it ran for about a minute and I shut it down myself. The oil pressure guage was good and every other guage was good. It's been in the water for a month now and has only been ran once, so I am hoping that it just needs to be ran and get the fuel running through it. Just looking to see if it could be something else or if I should be worried. I also cleaned some of the scum and algae off the engine and prop that was growing on it.

Post subject: Re: Boat Stalling Out
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 pm 
email admin your custom rank

You did add stabilizer to the fuel last fall and change out the fuel filter?? If not, I would add a octane booster and "waterzob" to the fuel. This would be the simplest thing to do.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... &id=133095