www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 am 
Clownfish

Looking for some help guys - our 255 is fitted with 110v shore power, socket external high on the port side, with a breaker in the cabin. My questions are "what does the shore power downside of the breaker actually feed?". There are no 110v outlets (that I can see) on the boat, but "does it also feed a battery charging unit hidden away behind the bulkhead somewhere via a transformer?" If so, "does that also feed the 12v outlets on the boat?" The boat is now in Brisbane, Australia, so I also have to look at getting a licensed electrician to convert the 110v input socket to 240v input - anyone done that before?

All help greatly appreciated, never had shore power before!

thanks............. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 am 
Sting Ray

There's no outlets in the boat? Hmmm...that is strange. From the factory, I believe they put on inside the cabin, along the port side vertical wall. I am not sure where else they had outlets. i put them in five spots around my boat, except that one vertical wall. If the only use was for a battery charger, there should be an outlet (or possibly cut wires) in the battery compartment I would imagine. From the circuit panel, can you follow any lines coming out of the box? That would be my first idea.

As for switching the power over, I am not sure if the wiring needs to be changed, I wouldn't think so, but I would imagine you would need to swap the power plug and the breaker(s) to the proper voltage/amperages.

Good luck on the easy swap.

Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 am 
email admin your custom rank

We've got shore power on our 245 (never, ever used !), There is a single outlet on the panel that the switches, circuit breaker and polarity indicators is fitted to. From memory, below them. In our case, it's an official import EU spec boat; meaning the outlet is a "continental" 220V round type, needing an adapter to convert it to UK 3 pin.

From the enclosed, you can see the 220V Export and CE panel etc are different to the 110V US domestic market one. To "an European eye" the US one looks like there are no outlets, but there are, integral with the breaker ! Maybe you've got a US spec boat ?

http://www.fourwinns.net/partbook/showpart.php?pn=025-1685&qty=1.0000&start=06/01/2005&stop=NA%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&mx=1

http://www.fourwinns.net/partbook/showpart.php?pn=025-3086&qty=1.0000&start=06/01/2005&stop=NA%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&mx=1

You should't need to change the cables; cables rated for 110V will be carrying half the current with 220V, but the circuit breaker will need changing ( looks like a double pole one; the details are on the link).

It looks like the power inlet socket on a US Spec boat is different to the one on the CE/ Export version.

Graham