www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speaker/Sub/Amp Location
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 am 
email admin your custom rank

I have a 1997 205 Sundowner amd have just bought a new sub/amp/speakers/headunit. I have the rear bench, with the frnt/rear facing seats. Has anyone else has a sub/amp installed? And if so what was the location. I was thinking about having the sub underneath the rear seat, but wasn't sure if that was good or not. And I was going to add 2 more speakers somewhere around the drivers seat. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tow Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited SOLD
1999 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 SOLD
2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 6.0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm 
Minnow

I had a 2002 245 sundowner. Put the amp under the helm by your feet tucked under their. You will have to run pos. and neg. cable off your battery. I put the newer sony deck which has total control of your sub with a alpine pdx-5 amp and a bazooka sub under the side seating. It sounded very very good. Put a set of polk 651's in the cabin and rear seating area where the factory put them. This way you can use the factory speaker wires. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Ps. You can also add a wired remote to run your stereo, ipod ect from the swimplatform.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 am 

oldsman wrote:
I had a 2002 245 sundowner. Put the amp under the helm by your feet tucked under their. You will have to run pos. and neg. cable off your battery. I put the newer sony deck which has total control of your sub with a alpine pdx-5 amp and a bazooka sub under the side seating. It sounded very very good. Put a set of polk 651's in the cabin and rear seating area where the factory put them. This way you can use the factory speaker wires. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Ps. You can also add a wired remote to run your stereo, ipod ect from the swimplatform.

Thanks, I agree, the amp will probably go under the helm, but not sure where to put the 2 additional speakers yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:05 pm 

lindeman23 wrote:
oldsman wrote:

Thanks, I agree, the amp will probably go under the helm, but not sure where to put the 2 additional speakers yet.

I have a 1994 sundowner 235 and I cut speakers into the side by the passenger and side just behind the throttle. Be careful when cutting on the throttle side !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 pm 

Mark T wrote:
lindeman23 wrote:
oldsman wrote:

I have a 1994 sundowner 235 and I cut speakers into the side by the passenger and side just behind the throttle. Be careful when cutting on the throttle side !!!!!!!!

I finally got all the speakers, sub, amp, headunit in so this week is going to be the installation. I cannot wait for the results. Ill try and post some pictures of the end results.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 am 
Guppy

I mounted a non-marine amp in the cuddy, a good amp to deal with the heat also.

The (marine) sub we mounted under the back seat, and it actually sounds real good.

The Speakers I replaced the factory speakers, and added two (Marine) 6X9's under the back to back seats. It was a great spot.