www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm 
Clownfish

Thanks for the info. We had heard really good things about shafts from friends so the change over didn't bother us. I thought a speed of 45mph was pretty good!

Wayne and Kari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:58 pm 
268 Vista

wbiii wrote:
Thanks for the info. We had heard really good things about shafts from friends so the change over didn't bother us. I thought a speed of 45mph was pretty good!

Wayne and Kari

Huh ?? The newer 338's with stern drive power may see 45 mph at WOT, but your 2000 338 with inboards has a WOT top speed maximum of 38mph, and a fuel burn of 46 to 48 gallons per hour.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm 
Clownfish

All I know is that the boat easily kept up with our Rinker at 45mph at WOT. Obviously not optimal speed unless you don't mind throwing money away!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 am 
AGE < LOA

If anybody needs brand new cockpit carpeting I will sell mine. Never used. Just PM me.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:47 pm 
Starfish

We finally took delivery of the new 338V on Saturday and spend a stormy night onbaord. All is good, only a few minor warranty repairs to be made. Nothing major, burnt out shower light bulb, transom door won't latch, one speaker doesn't work, etc. It's been a long winter having a brand new boat sitting in storage since October.
Does anyone have a probelm with the cabin screen door slamming open/closed while underway? Shouldn't there be a latch on it?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm 
AGE < LOA

That's funny... my rear mounted shower light also burnt out early on. Just now replacing it. Be careful when 'popping' the ring, I fumbled the glass lens and it cracked. As for the screened door I do have to adjust mine. I can't recall if I had it sliding around underway but there is plenty of adjustabilty in the slider to increase its friction. I think while I've been cruising (only 20 hrs for me so far last season) I've mostly had the main door shut. My aft door lock pin sometimes gets sticky but the silicone I added to it helped a lot. Sounds like yours just doesn't want to line up? Is the faulty speaker in the cabin?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 am 
Clownfish

I stand corrected on the earlier speed I thought our "new" boat put out. Took it out yesterday for the first time and hit around 38mph. Just seemed a lot faster and it got up on plane amazingly fast. Apparently our V338 isn't like the rest of yours for some reason, but it sure is a nice boat!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am 
268 Vista

That is great your 10 year old 338 still performs as the specs say. I actually prefer the overall layout on your boat more than the new ones. Only thing I would want would be stern drives rather than inboard shaft drives. You will be very happy with your boat, I am confident of that.

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 am 
Clownfish

Thank you! So far we love it. We looked at newer boats as well, and liked the older ones (328's and 338's). As long as it didn't have white interior (deal breaker for me). It is night and day from a 27 footer with a single engine!

Kari

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm 
AGE < LOA

jnizi or liquified: would you happen to have the p/n handy for the fuel filters? Wonder if we use the same filters that the 358 uses?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:42 pm 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
jnizi or liquified: would you happen to have the p/n handy for the fuel filters? Wonder if we use the same filters that the 358 uses?

Brenden... You may know the link well already, but if not: http://www.volvopentastore.com/
It only reflects engines through 2006 but the part #'s remain the same to now. Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:26 am 
AGE < LOA

I should have clarified... I meant the filter/water separators coming off of each tank. I figured they'd be common between the 3xx models. I'll probably get on the boat today though. I think they are "Sierra" filters!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 pm 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
I should have clarified... I meant the filter/water separators coming off of each tank. I figured they'd be common between the 3xx models. I'll probably get on the boat today though. I think they are "Sierra" filters!

Aaah, got it. Just tell em' I sent you when you go to pick them up.
Separately, I'm just jealous you're getting to the boat today!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am 
AGE < LOA

I'm so fortunate the boat is literally 5 minutes from my house. Problem is I'm never home :( Hey, did you have any luck performing the DSM software update yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:18 am 
Sierra

mkivbren wrote:
IHey, did you have any luck performing the DSM software update yet?

Ah, yes. I've been meaning to mention this on the other thread. I performed one of my least favorite tasks and pulled the E80 to gain access to the DSM, which was necessary to cycle the power independently. I got through the whole process in about an hour, taking my time and backing everything up. While it's briefly mentioned in the instructions from Raymarine, you do not do a factory reset of the E80 with this update. The way it's written is a bit ambiguous and a full reset would have been easy to do by mistake requiring a lot more reconfiguring. There were a few other quirks with the process as well but I got through it.
In the end, doing the update did not wipe out my waypoints or routes but it did wipe my customized pages. It will be interesting to see if the update helps with my chronic issue of loss of readout from the DSM at cruise speed. I doubt it will but I have not had the boat on plane since going in. Too much debris in the water right now. Fortunately, the factory is on my side with getting this fixed but I'm not ready to drill yet another hole in the boat and will be taking more comprehensive notes on this problem this season, assuming the problem persists.
Caught your thread title change too 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next