www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hello Liquified
I had the same problem with my screen door. I put a screwed a snap into frame and made a fabric holder that wraps around the inside handle with 2 snaps on it. It is about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide but it does the trick.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:49 am 
Starfish

Four Winns fixed all my little miscellaneous warranty items!! Excellent...I figured I'd be fighting this for a long time. Great job Four Winns, glad to see you are back!!

Post subject: Fuel Filters..
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:26 pm 
AGE < LOA

So $175 later, here's the fuel filter p/n list:

For my merc 6.2s Gen 3 "cool fuel" 866171A01 and filter disc 892665
For the water separators:
I was able to read Marpac off the genny water separator, 7-0860 10 micron
Cross reference to:

Sierra (Genny) 10 micron 18-7945

Sierra (Engines) 30 micron 18-7845

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:37 pm 
AGE < LOA

Anyone happen to know or have access to the Overall Depth measurement for the CG-5397 form?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 am 
AGE < LOA

Splash!

After I got her in the slip I decided to wash and waterproof the mooring cover. In doing so a lot of water ran down the transom. Has anyone noticed that the cockpit LEDs come on by themselves dimly lit? It was hot and everything dried quick. I flipped the switch a few times and they went all the way off. I guess I'm going to take the switch off and coat it with some electronics dielectric spray...

FWIW I found and copied the USCG depth. Another 338 had it listed at 6'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the cockpit LEDs come on by themselves dimly lit?

Mine do that once in a while, I think it's moisture. As you said protecting the switch may help. My do it when it's very damp. The LEDs will light with very low current so it doesn't take much leakage to light them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:26 pm 
Starfish

Where do you buy the windshield wiper blade replacements for your 338? Are they standard auto parts store stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 am 
AGE < LOA

I just had the dealer freshen mine up before it left the lot last year. Always bought factory replacements with past boats as well..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:14 pm 
AGE < LOA

Finally finished up the installation of my arch TV setup. My goal here was to improve on the factory setup and certainly keep all the components as weatherproof as possible. I definitely didn't want to resort to using any home/residential exposed components. I also wanted all this and the ability to play the sound through the factory arch speakers and sub... a no-can-do with the factory setup. The factory uses a Vimar component weatherproof box to house the AV and DC connections. I ordered one but I ordered a two panel instead of the three panel that the factory uses to minimize the size. It's the IP-55 model. When I got it, it had a big box housing on the back of it, giving it a 2.5 inch depth. It stuck out WAY too far like that. So I called Vimar and asked them if they had any special setup that they supplied FW. They said no, that they likely modified it to make it low profile. I knew I had to ditch the box but I didn't want a big cutout since the speaker cutout is right next to where I wanted to mount it. This is where the 338 is a little more tricky then the 318 since the speaker on the 318 is up much higher. All the more reason I wanted to minimize the holes since I never saw the factory installed panel & mount. I ended up using a 1/4" thick piece of starboard to offset the panel clips that prevent the panel face from sitting flush. The factory uses a large circular disk to do away with the box and allow it to sit flat. I didn't want to do that since the thin aluminum would not have offset it enough to make just a small hole for just the wires. This would result in having to remove a lot more fiberglass to make it work. The only wires I need are 1 audio 1/8th" rca and the coax. The factory box brings in the 3 audio video cables plus power and cable. Thus I only needed the two panel box - the TV I went with has a built in DVD. I didn't want to have to go into the cabin to fast forward stuff and minimize the cables (ultimately the box size). Anyway, the 1/4" starboard was a pretty much perfect backspace. I ran power through a marinco 12V cig style through the knock out cap to also minimize drilling more holes. I used the Chief brand mount, as the factory uses. I made a small oval shaped hole behind the box that is about as wide as a dime in the middle. I was also skeptical about using the powdercoated aluminum panel FW used cause I see it flaking already on the same panels used on my bud's 298 arch. Here's a low quality preview. I didn't put the TV up this weekend since the weather was lousy but I'll get some better pics this weekend. Also, there was an available 12v unused power terminal right there. Finished the panel off with a bead of 3M marine silicone around the perimeter. Turned out to be a fair amount of work but I'm really pleased with the final clean look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6