www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:07 am 
email admin your custom rank

Something that I learn last week. While on shore power the Refrigerator/Charger switch has to be on. I thought this switch was for the Refrigerator , I didn't know it had anything to do with the battery charger. We had our refig on everyday in the summer, but now that i have it in the driveway and the refig turned off the charger is not charging the battery so when the battery got low the co2 detectors start to beep.... I learn something new about this boat everyday. I guess my point is check to make sure your battery charger is turned on while you are on shore power.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:32 am 
wkearney99

You should be able to turn the fridge itself off, at the fridge. Either by a switch on some models, or by turning the thermostat all the way around to whatever it thinks if "off".

Yes, the CO (that's carbon monoxide, not dioxide) sensors will chirp when the 12v goes too low. If you know the boat is going to be unused for quite a while you may want to pop off their cover and disconnect them. I do this for over the winter when it's up on land. I would not disconnect them if it was still in the water and I had any intention of being on it. It's not just your own CO that's a potential risk. I find it's best to pull off the covers and store them all together in a ziploc bag. This way, come spring, you won't forget to reattach them, and all their covers will be in one place (well, all two of them).

If you have power it's often best to leave the fridge running. If only to cut down on the risk of mold. Otherwise be SURE to prop it open so air circulates through it.

Last edited by wkearney99 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:25 am 
email admin your custom rank

good advice Bill... i've turned off the refig. at the refig. but i didn't even think about popping the top on the co2 detectors... nice idea. thanks.