www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:29 am 
wkearney99

I'm adding a pair of external speakers up on the bow of our 2005 348 Vista. My plan is to use an impedance match volume/fader and re-route the forward berth speakers to it. Basically allow sound to go to the berth speakers or up to the outside ones. I've got waterproof connectors and covers, along with removable rail mounts to allow mounting some Poly-planar box speakers. This isn't to crank the tunes, just to allow a bit of music up there when idling along or at anchor. The arch speakers just don't cover up toward the bow without cranking them WAY up.

The trouble is I can't seem to find where the speaker wires get routed. The schematics list a connector labelled "P85". I've e-mailed Four Winns. I'm just asking here to find if anyone else has done this or knows where the connector is located.

Once I get this working I'll post details and pics.

Thanks,
-Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:00 am 
wkearney99

Nevermind, found it. It's all the way back at the breaker panel. I naively hoped it'd be somewhere forward of that location. So now I'll have to run the wiring all the way from teh panel area. Ah well, so much for things being easy.

Now the challenge is determining where to drill the holes for the wiring up through the decking. I can't quite tell how thick or accessible the area is where the rails are mounted. Hopefully FW will have some enlightening info.