www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm 
Clownfish

Hi,

I've only had my 2006 378 for 1 trip now, and haven't had a chance to fully explore it all as yet.

But at a quick first glance, it looks to me that the Seawater Strainers for both engines & genset are not "see thru" types, and it looks like I need allen keys to undo the top inspection port.

There's a lot of jelly fish where I boat, so it's important to keep a close eye on the strainers.

If it's not possible to easily inspect these, has anyone fitted a water pressure gauge (maybe via Smartcraft) so you can see when the strainers are becoming blocked ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:57 am 
Minnow

Hi Wayne and welcome to the 378 family. Excellent boat and yes there are some things that could be improved and have found that many Do it yourself upgrades work best. This post web site is a great way to find out tricks and tips. I have personally phoned FW in the US and the customer service dept. was very helpful. I agree on your other post that the liquid level senders are of poor quality. These should be very straight forward sensors. Third parties do make some but I have not decided to go that ruote yet. I did replace the waste sender which now works. Very important to keep it clean....I know it's not trivial to maibtain it but thourough regular rinsing will help.

Cheers.