www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:24 pm 
Shark

So, it's been a while, but I wanted to follow up on an old post. So, after fighting with the gen for too long, last winter I decided to pull the gen out and took it to a recommended gen guy in Knoxville.
Dropped it off in Dec and told him I don't want it back until it's fixed. Spring has been delayed this year, so haven't really got back to the boat until recently. Picked up the gen from my new best friend and installed this past weekend. The gen fired right up, leveled off and runs perfect now.
All he did was put another new carb on it. ?????AAGGRRRRR
He mentioned that since he worked on mine, has also replaced another carb on a Kohler that looked brand new. Not sure what the difference is, mine was a kohler part number, kohler box, but never ran correctly?
So what did I learn here, don't always trust a new part. A kohler 7.3e gen can be removed from a 378 without disturbing the engines, but it's not fun. It seems that 2 out 3 times I'm in the bilge of a boat, I come out bleeding. Don't always trust a new part or the mechanic.
If anyone is looking for a great gen/ac/all around boat guy in East TN, I got a guy.
Now that the boat's back together and running great, we might be making a change.
Hope everyone has a great season and good times on the water.

Nashville, TN
Current
04 Hustler Cheetah
06 Seadoo sportster 150
Past
06 378 vista
328 vista
240 horizon
21' glastron
20' celebrity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:24 pm 
Shark

So, it's been a while, but I wanted to follow up on an old post. So, after fighting with the gen for too long, last winter I decided to pull the gen out and took it to a recommended gen guy in Knoxville.
Dropped it off in Dec and told him I don't want it back until it's fixed. Spring has been delayed this year, so haven't really got back to the boat until recently. Picked up the gen from my new best friend and installed this past weekend. The gen fired right up, leveled off and runs perfect now.
All he did was put another new carb on it. ?????AAGGRRRRR
He mentioned that since he worked on mine, has also replaced another carb on a Kohler that looked brand new. Not sure what the difference is, mine was a kohler part number, kohler box, but never ran correctly?
So what did I learn here, don't always trust a new part. A kohler 7.3e gen can be removed from a 378 without disturbing the engines, but it's not fun. It seems that 2 out 3 times I'm in the bilge of a boat, I come out bleeding. Don't always trust a new part or the mechanic.
If anyone is looking for a great gen/ac/all around boat guy in East TN, I got a guy.
Now that the boat's back together and running great, we might be making a change.
Hope everyone has a great season and good times on the water.

Nashville, TN
Current
04 Hustler Cheetah
06 Seadoo sportster 150
Past
06 378 vista
328 vista
240 horizon
21' glastron
20' celebrity