www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 am 
email admin your custom rank

We are planning to place an order for a new 2008 V248 in the upcoming coming days; and I have a question regarding the Mediterranean Style Seating. Does anybody have an opinion either way about this option? We have viewed the promotional DVD, the website and the brochure and none of them show it in great detail. The best view I have found was watching the V258 video but the style of the rear seat differs due to the starboard side cup holders. My concern is that there may be a gap between the seat portion and the seat back (when upright) that would allow an item to slip off the boat. My other concern is how the camper top encloses the aft portion of the boat with this style seat.
Any help or photos would be great.
Thanks! This is website has been a tremendous tool on our boat selection!!

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 am 

We purchased our 258 last year and opted to not install the Mediterranean Seating. Storage is a little tight and the standard seating option gave us more room for fenders, etc. You are correct, the pictures for the 248 does not give enough info. I can only guess that the canvas extends all the way to the deck. With our set up, the canvas attaches to the back of the rear seat. You don't loose any space when the canvas is up.

Hope that helps.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:00 pm 

Thanks for your input; we will be placing our order this week. We are leaning toward not getting the Mediterranean seat option.

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:43 am 

Did you go with the 248 or 258? What other options are you considering?

Previously:
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 pm 

We are planning to purchase a V248; a definite step up from our 220CS Stingray. After contemplating a new boat for over a year, looked at nearly every one on the market, visited every boat show in our area, our search always lead as us back to Four Winns.
These are the options that we are adding:
AC/Heat
270 HP, with Duo-prop
Vac-u-flush head
Winless anchor system
Motorized spot light
Full camper canvas with cockpit cover
Screen Door
Auto Fire suppression
Rear seat with fill in (not the Mediterranean style)
Navigation package
Stove, refrigerator, microwave.
Starboard wiper
Aft shower hot/cold
Cockpit table

We decided on not getting the Mediterranean seating due to the fact that the seat extends over the dive platform. I felt that the salt water would damage it and it would loose its nice appearance after a year or so.

This web site is a buyers dream!! I have been able to read past posts and many of my questions have all ready been asked and answered my so many boat owners.

Is it Spring yet????

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 pm 

Congrats on the choice. You will love it. Good thing you added ac to your list. Some say you dont need it, but after two seasons of not having it, I am installing it in a few months. We would love to upgrade and almost did afew times, but am glad we havent. With the prices of everything up, not just gas, at least its still in our budget to keep boating.
As far as is it spring yet? Only a few months to go. We are almost exactly three months from gettin wet. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:56 pm 

Actually it's more fore the heat. We postponed a couple of trips in late May/early June because of the morning air temp and the same reason regarding a couple of trips in September. There is a Singer from Key West named “Jim Morris and the Bamboo Band”, he performs at Captains Cove in Bridgeport every year for the Metro North Parrot Head Club as a benefit for “Swim Across the Sound”; they offer free over night dockage when you attend the show and it’s usually chill in early June. It’s a great cause, great time; this year, as long as the seas and winds are with us, we will bring the boat instead of drive.

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:43 am 

Nice choices. If this is your first FW product, you will be very happy. You will also love the WIndlass. It makes anchoring much easier for you and your First Mate. Just one suggestion. Color code the chain to know when it is going to break the water. This allows you to slow it down so you don't bounce the anchor against the hull.

We got 12" of snow yesterday. :? :? Tired of shoveling.
I am soooo ready for Spring. We can slip our boat as early as April 1. Hope the ice flows melt by then.

Congrats.

Previously:
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 am 

Thanks
Yes this is our first FW. We will be signing the papers this week; then the count down for delivery and launch begins!! We are heading down to the marina that our current boat is being kept so we can empty out all of the gear that we have stowed in her cabin.

The Windless is a must; direct orders from the mate. The anchor detail is one of her assignments :-) . Thanks for the advice on the color coding, it’s tips like that that make this forum priceless.

GO PATS!! 18-0 and counting!!

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 am 
Dolphin

Bob,
assume you are buying from G & R?? If so, it should enhance your experience, I've been dealing with Bryan Douglas for about 5 years and he has been excellent to work with...returns calls, takes service very seriously, easy to work with. We're on our second Four Winns through him and will probably step up to a third this fall. Hope you will be as satisfied with Four Winns and Bryan as we are.

Joe B.

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:36 am 

Yes, we are purchasing the boat from Brian at G&R. We purchase our Stingray from them and I can’t agree with you more; service after the sale has been awesome!!!

2008 Four Winns V248
2004 Stingray 220CS