www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:11 pm 
Goldfish

Hello All,

Does anyone know where the 15amp fuse is (according to the 2007 V278 schematic) is between the ship systems battery and the battery charger? I've been having some charging issues with the ship systems battery and think it might be a popped fuse. Charger is outputting 13.4V; however, battery is not charging when the battery charger is connected to shore power (no change in V measured at the battery when charger is turned on or off. Engine battery is fine.....charges OK.....I see over 14V at the battery when the charger is connected.

Additionally, I purchased an Optima Blue Top last year. Thought it failed. Replaced with a VMAX......it failed. Now I have an Interstate 29 Deep Cycle installed (purchased this week). Ran some tests today and it appears the battery is not receiving the charge voltage from the charger but confirmed the charger is outputting 13.4V.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am 
email admin your custom rank

Both fuses are hidden behind the main battery control panel ( at least they were on my 2009 278). Untidy behind there ! I fitted 2 batteries to the starboard side and 2x circuit breakers instead of the fuses (on the forward bulkhead).

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:26 am 
Goldfish

Graham R wrote:
Both fuses are hidden behind the main battery control panel ( at least they were on my 2009 278). Untidy behind there ! I fitted 2 batteries to the starboard side and 2x circuit breakers instead of the fuses (on the forward bulkhead).

Graham, many thanks for your reply. Are you referring to the battery switch/Ship Sys & Windlass breaker panel on the port side aft?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:36 am 
Goldfish

Found a thread referencing the exact same issue: https://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6080

Sorry for the dupe! I'm 99% confident it's the fuse behind the battery switch. Thanks again to Graham.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 pm 
email admin your custom rank

You're more than welcome. I got very frustrated with the wiring on my 278, the switch panel doesn't look like the earlier ones, made worse as there is no wiring schematic available even to dealers !