www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 298 generator install
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:30 am 
Minnow

I have a 2001 298 with 5.7's. It did not come with a generator but the panel box already has the breakers. I bought a genset and was just installed. The only thing left to do is tying it to the panel box( start/stop) Does anyone know if the leads from the panel box are run to the engine bay already? If so where would they be located? The switches in the breaker panel do have wires hooked to them already but I can not find them in the engine bay.
I have searched this forum as well as the wiring pages that came with the boat but they d not list the start/stop switch. I know that a generator was an option.
Thank you for any input.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:58 am 
Shark

They should be near the fuel shut off valves somewhere. What Gen set did you buy? My 01 298 came with a kohler 5E. Did you put a fuel filter on it? Mine does not have one for some reason, I want to add one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 am 
Minnow

I will look again but did could not find it. I found a awesome deal on a brand new / old stock westerbeke 3.0. I had already put in a new ac/heat.
same btu but draws a lot less power. I had been using a 2000 portable generator for years for ac, ice maker and charging. I could not pass up the deal.
It is super quite, the ac is louder then the gen. I ordered a extension cable from westerbeke to run it to the panel box if I can not locate it. The genset
has a fuel filter on it.
Thank you for the reply.