www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:10 pm 
Goldfish

My 2011 V335 has trim tabs and of course tabs to control the outdrives. The center tab controls both outdrives. I was told by the previous owner that he only used the trim tabs to control plaining level. I find my boat almost frequently runs port side high despite operating (fiddling with) the trim tabes. I'm wondering how others trim these kinda large and heavy boats. I do trim the outdrives out a bit which lifts the boat out of the water a bit at cruise (3600 rpms). My general goal is to achiever max speed at cruise. My boat is on a lift and next time I go out I'll have my wife on boat when it's on the life so I can see what the tabs are doing. As an aside, my son was following me in another boat the other day and mentioned my list to starboard. This is somewhat complicate by what seems like the boat is sensitive to wind and current, both of which are generally in ample supply where I boat (Ca Delta).

How do the rest of you guys use the combination of trim tabs and outdrives?

I have seen others mention sluggish and uneven trim operation, but I should have that claeared up tomorrow.

Thanks everyone,

Greg