www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:43 pm 
I have a nicer chartplotter mounted on my dash, but the old original GPS system is still sitting in my dash and appears to be dead, or possibly the original boat owner disconnected it, I don't know.

Has anyone found a replacement GPS or charplotter unit, or another gizmo of any value, that fits the OEM opening?

To be honest, I don't like where by Standard Horizon 700i is mounted as it obscures the trim gauge. If I could, I'd mount one in the original opening and live with the smaller screen to return to boat to an OEM-ish look.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I'm curious as to where it is mounted in the dash?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm 
JeffLW wrote:
I'm curious as to where it is mounted in the dash?

I have the OEM 2002 Vista268 dash. The current Raymarine is mounted to the left of the steering wheel, while the Raymarine radio is mounted opposite it on the right side of the wheel.

I think I could enlarge the current opening a little, and was hoping something like an Axiom 7 could fit, either the current opening, or alternately in a slightly enlarged opening.

I do have the Axiom 7 template off the ray marine site, and I have the older template is in my manual packet, but it's in the boat, shrink wrapped for the winter. If I can get access from the marina, I may retrieve it and verify - unless someone has the template handy and can post it?