www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 am 
Hi Ladies & Gents.
Newbie to this great site

I have a 2008 358 Vista and I’m a bit baffled regarding the Grey water tank setup.
My Tank watch in the head has 3 lights Fresh / Grey / Waste.
The Grey water light is always showing full.

I also have 4 filler caps on the Starboard side. Fresh water fill located up front then 3 caps midway, Gas / Water / Waste. The one in the middle is always full to the brim with clean, clear odorless water.

Now, as far as I can see the Sink in the galley & the sink in the head drain straight into the shower sump pump then go straight overboard.

My question is: If the middle filler cap labeled Water is full how & where do I drain it?
Is there a drain cock / sea cock somewhere to drain this tank?
Where is this Grey water tank located on the 358 model?
The waste pump out fitting is bigger in diameter than the water filler next to it to pump out.

There is also a panel switch in the head with Head Light / Head Vent / Overboard Discharge / Flush.
There is also a separate non labeled switch mounted separately on the left side of the vanity.

Does anyone know what the separate switch on the left does ?

Cheers Charlie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:16 pm 
email admin your custom rank

So I have the 2007 338 and it had the grey water system when we bought it. My dealer disconnected the Grey Water plumbing so the gallery and head sinks drained to the shower sump as you describe. A few years after, I added a direct overboard drain for the galley. That really reduced the mess with all the food particles from the galley clogging up the shower sump.

The grey water tank sits center on the boat under the mid cabin and there is no drain other than the pump out hose. Our filler caps were laid out as gas and grey water pump out starboard and gas and black water on the port side. Our fresh water filler is near the front of the boat on the starboard side.

My head switch panel is as describe with just the 4 switches. No idea what that other switch might be?

Not sure that helps. You sure have a beautiful boat.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:33 pm 
Thanks for your reply jnizi,

Yes I have read that many people are redirecting the plumbing from the Galley & Head sinks to drain straight overboard instead of going into the Grey water tank.

Could you tell me if your Waste adapter fitting used for the Waste pump out, if it’s the same as the one for your Grey water pump out.
The diameter of my Waste pump out adapter is a different size / diameter to the one next to it labeled water.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:08 am 
email admin your custom rank

Both of our waste connections are the same size.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you can change to have all your grey water go overboard, I would recommend it.

Happy Holidays

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:02 am 
Thanks for your reply Jnizi,
I’ll be spending a week onboard next week so I’ll have more time to investigate where the other filler cap hoses lead to.
Definitely my Waste and Filler next to it marked water are different size.

All the best for the new year.