www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hi all,

As we are in the midst of winter I believe its only natural that I find myself contemplating upsizing my family cruiser.

Obviously, my preferred upgrade would be to the Vista 328 which I have been eyeing and admiring for a very long time. With that said, when one comes available within a reasonable distance from me, which is not very often, they seem to be priced high and with high hours on the motors.

I have come across a few Regal Commodore 3260’s that fall into my price range, and within the range of hours I’m willing to consider. These 3260’s look very nice, with a great layout, and from what I have witnessed, regal makes a quality boat.

In comparing spec’s between the Vista 328 and the Commorore 3269, I see the 3260 is a few inches shorter, a few inches narrower, about 1000 lbs lighter. Looking at power to weight ratios, the two boats also seem generally comparable in this respect.

I have been on a few 328’s over the years while at the dock, but have never actually laid eyes on a Commodore 3260 as far as I can recall.

Can anyone comment on the comparison of the two boats, or even provide comment on the Commodore 3260.

I look forward to hearing people’s thoughts and experiences.

And for what its worth, there might be a very clean 288 Vista coming available in Ontario come spring.

Happy boat dreaming to all who are in the northern-northern hemisphere!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 pm 

There is a good chance a friend of ours 2001 328 will be four sale in the spring. it has been well cared for. currently located southern Georgian Bay. Not sure of the exact hour probably 650 hrs on 350's

1997 225 Sundowner

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm 

I had to refresh my memory on the Regal 3260 as it was in the size range we wanted during our last boat search. I'd agree the 3260 is similar in a lot of ways to the Four Winns Vista 328. The dinette is on the port side in the 3260 where it is on the starboard side of the 328. Personally I like the dinette on the opposite side to the cabin door just for privacy when you are sterned into a busy dock with people walking behind your boat frequently especially in the months where you leave your cabin door open and you are sitting in dinette seating area. Not a big deal, just an observation.

I would of considered the Regal 3260 in the right condition and price. Happy boat shopping to you.

Mike.

- 2010 310 Mercury Inflatable

Previous Boats
- 30' Doral Prestancia
- 25' Doral Citation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:22 pm 

Hi guys, and thanks for the replies. It’s always nice to hear what people pick up on when looking at a boat, that’s why it’s always great to hear from other boaters.

I have decided that l “like” the Regal, but its not really the boat I am looking for. I will be holding off for the boat I really want.

Cheers.