www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am 
Seahorse

I've read through all the posts regarding LED bulb replacements for cabin lights and was able to find what was needed for the overhead recessed lights as well as the aft cabin lights - but I can't seem to find the appropriate LED bulb replacements for the two adjustable reading lights that you twist to turn on. I believe a T3 3w LED bulb was recommended for these but I can not track down a place to buy them.

Can someone provide me a link to purchase what they put in those little ovens please? They are insanely HOT! Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:53 pm 
Seahorse

Well, after some McGyvering, I was able to switch out the bulbs in the adjustable reading lights to LEDs and here's how I did it:

First, take the light apart in two places:

#1: Pop off the front glass cover - there is a tiny indented tab around the plastic circumference of the cover, pop it off there.

#2: Remove the back cover of the light by twisting the ON / OFF and pulling upward... It should easily come right off.

#3: Disconnect the 3 wires that are in the body of the light. There will be two towards the top and one inside - pay attention to which color of wire goes to which tab, take a pic as a reminder. Then just slide them off the tabs, they should come off pretty easily.

#4: Pop out the lightbulb housing by inserting a skinny tool from the back of the light and pushing it down and out the front of the light housing. It's held on by tiny tabs, doesn't take much effort to push past them.

#5: I used the same LED bulbs that I used in the cabin in these reading lamps, but it took a little alteration of the metal lightbulb housing and the LED bulb. The metal housing was too narrow in diameter and the LED bulb was too wide for the LED prongs to reach the electrical connection... So I dremmeled the metal just a bit wider, and;

#6 I removed the white plastic base from the LED bulb and just left the clear plastic... This allowed the two prongs to reach and fit securely.

#7 Put it all back together, ensuring the wires were reconnected to the right tabs.

Worked perfectly!

Here are the bulbs I used:

Reelco LED G4 Bulb Bi-Pin Base T3 Bulbs AC/DC 12V 3Watt 2700K-3000K Warm White Light Bulb 20W-30Watt Halogen Replacement (6-Pack)