www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:40 pm 
Shark

after shop vac out all water in rear bilge (including under engines) then the bilge area where the genny and AC strainers are located then down in the crevices along side/underneath the shower sump box. I also have the AC sea strainer disassembled and the genny sea strainer seacock closed. completely dry around sea cocks. left overnight and in the morning the area under the shower sump had water in it again. sucked it out again and repeat next morning water under the sump box again. Mind you no water running. fresh water pump turned off. water that is accumulating is salty so it is not coming from the fresh water tank. any thoughts on where this could be coming from????? my first thought was AC raw water, but the raw water strainer is disconnected because site glass on the strainer was cracked. second thought was water left over in the AC unit because cracked site glass to me was caused by marina forgetting to winterize AC and water froze over the winter cracking the site glass. if this did happen then possibly one of the lines to the AC raw water split and is leaking water???? but you would think that one, there isnt all that much raw water in there and second once it leaked out and there is no infeed connected that would be that???
Any thought or comments greatly appreciated. probably 1/2 to 1 gallon of water sucked out each time.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:08 pm 
Clownfish

Have you replaced the skin fittings on the boat I would try there they should be replaced every 10 years.
I have 2009 V358 had the same issue replaced them and it fixed the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 pm 
Shark

Not sure what skin fittings are???? However I did solve the mystery. Water was coming from fresh water tank connection quick connect fitting that attaches to fresh water pump. Water was leaking to a spot under the fresh water tank and then draining into forward bilge. $3.00 part and now bilge is bone dry as it should be. I guess the salt taste was just coming from the dirt in there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm 
Clownfish

rberm wrote:
Not sure what skin fittings are???? However I did solve the mystery. Water was coming from fresh water tank connection quick connect fitting that attaches to fresh water pump. Water was leaking to a spot under the fresh water tank and then draining into forward bilge. $3.00 part and now bilge is bone dry as it should be. I guess the salt taste was just coming from the dirt in there.

That is good the skin fittings are the thru the hull fittings that are attached to the generator and air conditioning suction.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:07 pm 
Shark

So I just needed to replace the float switch in the bilge where the the AC and Geny sea strainers and through hulls are. When I removed the 2 screws holding it in I had water coming out of both holes :cry:
I’m thinking this is where some of the leaking water is coming from as I fixed my fresh water connections and all is dry there. I’m now thinking I have water in the hull???? Maybe coming from the through hull seals on the outside of the boat? The area around the through hulls on the inside is dry. So if water in the hull how to drain it and how to dry it out? My concern is that this will affect the integrity of the hull. Any one else have any similar issues? All comments welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:10 pm 
email admin your custom rank

rberm wrote:

Have any pics showing this area? I've got fresh water leaking into the forward bilge in my 358. Shop vac'd it out over the weekend and it came back pretty quick - not as high though. Turned off the water system, dried it out and went home for the week. Curious to see if it came back.

The 358 is like the 318, built with an inner hull. There is a good chance you have water that's made its way between the hulls and is just taking a while to come out. I've heard others have had the issue where water is coming up from those screw holes, once the screws have been removed. My strainer area is bone dry - but I'm sure you know it is the same bilge as the midships one with the shower sump.

Feel free to PM me.