www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:24 pm 
Shark

Any one had to remove the generator from V358 for repair? Kholer mechanic is telling me port engine needs to be pulled to get generator out. Need to change catalytic converter as old design has raw water pumping into exhaust manifold right before connection with catalytic converter pipe. That is completely clogged and no water running through exhaust for cooling. I have the new design catalytic converter that has the raw cooling water fitting on the catalytic converter just past the connection with the exhaust manifold. Problem is the way Fourwinns shoehorned the genny in there you can’t get to it. I was also told by kholer mechanic that the bolts holding the catalytic converter in place almost always snap when trying to remove them. Apparently Kholer knew about this issue from the beginning and only issued a bulletin about the problem which I never received. They issued a bulletin because it only affects boats operating in saltwater.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:08 pm 
Clownfish

Yep that is correct the port engine needs to come out to remove the generator.
But a mechanic should be able to remove all the batteries and undo the exhaust and base plate from the generator and move it around to get to the outside of the generator.
Good luck I have 2009 V358