Dolphin

Looking to replace my transom shower assembly on a 2000 268 vista
Also replace my Tach and speedo as they are worn out

Any Dealers in Canada for these parts ?

Thanks shuman

Post subject: Re: transom shower
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 am 
email admin your custom rank

No need for a dealer but if you want you can try finding one on the Four Winns home page in the Dealer Locator link.
Search online as they used name brand parts not specific to Four Winns. Great Lake Skippers has many OEM parts. If they don't ship to Canada maybe try finding something through Amazon. https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/

I would guess your transom shower is a Scandvik brand, pretty common.
Speedo and tach are probably Faria gauges if it's not one of those custom one pieces. The brand should be somewhere on the gauge.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 pm 
Dolphin

Thanks for your reply! I found one on Vancouver Island @ Harbour Chandler Called a Whale Swim and Rinse .
Now will just have to drive an hour or so to confirm the one on Boat measurements . The tach works some days then the needle spikes on to near double the rpm . Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm 

The transom shower should be a Heater Craft brand. The Four Winns description includes "H&C 303-s-b". This is listed as "No Longer Available". A Google search produced an H&C 301, which looks about the same, but I'm not sure about exact size. You might be able to buy something similar and cannibalize parts for yours. The Attwood Whale Swim n Rinse does look like a possibility. You might be able to have the retailer give dimensions. I see that is significantly cheaper than the Heater Craft unit.

The Four Winns Faria Tachometers are known for doing what you describe. You can tap on the glass, slap the fiberglass dash above the tach, or replace it. I have done all three. Even my new tach has acted up within 2 years. Changing the tach is relatively simple. Lay a towel on the dash, remove the screws holding the panel in place, and slide the whole assembly out onto the towel. The wiring harness is plenty long. Take pictures of wiring connections to "help remember" where they go. A phillips screwdriver and small wrenches are all you need.

You don't really describe the problem with the speedo, but it is also easy to change if needed. Check the pitot tube for blockage and the hose connections.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:24 pm 

There is another trick I have yet to try that I hear works. My tachs do the same but are hard to get to. On the back try switching the selector and switching it back a couple times. The selector is for different engine configurations. The theory is the contacts get corroded and the movement cleans it slightly.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am 
Dolphin

Thanks for all your information .Happy Boating when all starts to clear hopefully sooner the later !

shuman

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 am 
Dolphin

The replacement Transom shower I have located dimensions are 6.5 in wide by 11.5 in long 3.5 in deep.
Any Skipper happen to know the outside measurement on a 268 Vista transom shower?
Save me a 3 hour return trip to the lake .

Thanks shuman

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:04 pm 

The transom shower on my '02 268 is an AquaTik Shower Systems made by Heater Craft, according to lettering on the door. The door is 10 1/2" x 6". The mounting flange is slightly smaller at 10 1/4" x 5 3/4". The inside of the box where the valves and shower head are measures almost 9" x 4 1/4. This is a little smaller than the one you located, so it will not be a direct replacement. The good news is that you can enlarge the hole in the fiberglass as needed to fit your replacement unit. There is really nothing inside that would be an interference issue.

Current boat: '02 FW 268 Vista
Previous boat: '95 FW 190 Horizon

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:33 am 
Dolphin

Thanks for your information .

shuman