www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:42 am 
Tadpole

We recently purchased a 2006 Vista Four Winns 348. We owned a 258 for years, but this boat is a new experience. We have cable tv hook up on our dock. Both televisions come on but only with static. We have changed the switch behind the tv from A to B. The tv does works with DVD. Someone told us it may be the age of the tv’s (2006) that they will not receive digital signal. Could this be the case?

Thanks fir any help,
Satisfaction

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:29 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Most likely the signal is not digital. I don't have that brand tv but go into your settings and verify the source is cable and not antenna. Then search for channels. Most docks we have visited use analog and all my tvs search both analog and digital when I set them up. The A/B switch will be for the antenna or the cable hookup. Depends how its setup. I have A for Antenna and B for cable because it kinda made a little sense.

If that doesn't work run the cable all the way into the boat and plug it into the back for the TV. That will rule out any wiring issue. Those connectors get corroded and interfere with the signal. I also installed a booster which has helped immensely.
One last thing is it could be the pedestal. Maybe ask your neighbor if you can borrow his for to test.