www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 pm 
Starfish

Hello all--looking at adding marine speakers to my Christmas list. I have a 2004 Vista 288. I don't need really high end, but don't want to go on the cheap either. Head unit and speakers in the cabin are fine. Is 6.5 inch the correct size, do I have to worry about depth as well? Any brand/model recommendations that you have been happy with? Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:08 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I cannot confirm the speakers size in your year model, but the 6 to 6.5 has been a very common size for a number of years. If the boat is handy, it can be easy to confirm. The OD of a typical 6 or 6.5 is going to be 6.5" to 7'ish. If you know the model, google the specs of the OD, cutout and depth. Or, remove a speakers and take those measurements yourself. the cutout is the easiest to deal with if its not exact. Lack of depth can be delt with with a spacer or LED ring. The overall OD is the most challenging if the speaker is recessed or flanked by combing pads.

Brand wise, my go-to would be from the Kicker KM lineup or the Wet Sounds Recon series for a great built quality marine speaker, good sound quality and mid-level pricing.